Cannot join my friends' server (FTB Revelation 3.4)

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

tontondubled

Apr 14, 2022
Hello everyone, and welcome in my thread :)

By advance, sorry for my bad english, i'm from France and this is my last tentative for playing with my friend.

I downloaded FTB Revelation 3.4, the latest version. I configured it on my friend's computer, and it work (with CurseForge).
But, when i try the same on mine, it doesn't work. Even when i attempt to join the server, my Minecraft cannot find it (on the multyplayer server list, the server is not on for me, even if my friend are on it).

The error is the following :

" io.netty.channel.abstractchannel$annotatedconnectexception connection refused '

Honestly, i've tried everything. Unistall/install Java (8, and the other version), i've tried so many tutorial about command ( ipconfig/release, etc...) but nothing work.

It's the last attempt for me, i really want to play with friend but i'm stuck on this problem since Monday.

Thanks for everyone whose help me :)

LionAce

Apr 14, 2022
Are you using the right IP adress? And did he do portforwarding so you can actually join?

Without portforwarding remote connection will not be possible (if no alternitive is used).

tontondubled

Apr 14, 2022
Hey ! Thanks for your answer. I got the right IP, and the right port.
I can connect to the server with my account on my 1st PC. But even with the same installation on the second one, I can't join the server. I can fully play on singleplayer on both computer, but the second one cannot be connected to my server unfortunately