Can not download FTB Win8. Please help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jezza_69

Jul 29, 2019
Can you check you have full read write permissions to the following folder on your PC?

C:\Users\Jezza_69\AppData\Roaming\ftblauncher

How do i know if i do? i can access the folder and change the file names, but what happens is the file that is supposed to go into the ModPacks file doesnt go there, and my friend gave me the file but that just caused new errors. I am very confused as to what the problem is. No solution i have found online has helped.

Belone

Jul 29, 2019
How do i know if i do? i can access the folder and change the file names, but what happens is the file that is supposed to go into the ModPacks file doesnt go there, and my friend gave me the file but that just caused new errors. I am very confused as to what the problem is. No solution i have found online has helped.

Can you try right clicking the launcher file and select "Run as admin"?

Belone

Jul 29, 2019
It sounds like you do, just in case though:-

1. Right click the folder
  2. Select Properties
  3. Select Security
  4. Select Jezza_69
You should have "Full control" ticked. If not, tick it.

Also as Booker The Geek said, check your Java version again.

Belone

Jul 29, 2019
Go to java.com and download the click the "Free Java Download" button and download and install it. If you get a message saying this version is already installed then you have the latest version, otherwise you don't and the latest version will install.

Jezza_69

Jul 29, 2019
Go to java.com and download the click the "Free Java Download" button and download and install it. If you get a message saying this version is already installed then you have the latest version, otherwise you don't and the latest version will install.

I downloaded the java, but i still got the same thing

Jezza_69

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you all for your help. it still doesnt work, and i still want it really badly, but it isnt going to work, and i dont know why.

D

Deleted member 38496

Can you upload your launcher log? It should be located in the main folder of your FTB directory.

Status
Not open for further replies.