Buy ins?

Belone

Jul 29, 2019
The problem with this is that who would the money go to? After all many of the mod developers refuse to allow people to put their mods into a modpack that is for profit, as it could be viewed as profiting from the mod developers work.

Also people would moan about "Well I don't use Gregtech, why should I have to pay for it?"

Perhaps a donations section, where it has a link to donate to the FTB team and links to donate to each of the mod developers. I think this would be fairer.

canilsen

Jul 29, 2019
I think he is talking about his server, notice the forum section[DOUBLEPOST=1354708928][/DOUBLEPOST]I would not recommend a fee for your players. Donation system works much better. If you have a fee, many of the users will feel like the server owes them special treatment, and can often end with a bunch of drama

Belone

Jul 29, 2019
I think he is talking about his server, notice the forum section[DOUBLEPOST=1354708928][/DOUBLEPOST]I would not recommend a fee for your players. Donation system works much better. If you have a fee, many of the users will feel like the server owes them special treatment, and can often end with a bunch of drama

Oops you're right sorry my bad. I agree with a donation system for your server. My server host (Nitrous Networks) even provide a plugin to do this from Minecraft, though since I presume this is a Bukkit plugin and I'm on FTB I haven't looked at it. But it does seem rather nice as you can actually purchase things in game for real money.

flupzing

Jul 29, 2019
i was more thinking towards ensuring people were serious about playing on a small server- and they could donate towards the mod developers, the point would be that it would show they were committed to some degree- even a very small one, and might decrease the amount of regulation the server needed (anti-griefing, moderating, etc.).