Buildcraft Quarries and Abandoned Mines

DanteGalileo

Jul 29, 2019
I've only been playing Minecraft since October and I only play a few hours a week and only ever play in Hardcore Mode. Soooo.... I never really get that far down the tech trees before I die and start again from scratch.

I finally have my first ever Buildcraft quarry up and running and depositing stuff into a gold chest. I was just wondering... If there happens to be an abandoned mine down below it, will I see evidence of that (wooden fence, tracks, etc..) in my gold chest? What if a chest is below it? Will the contents of the chest appear in my gold chest?

Thanks in advance.

Cloud

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, it will (I think). The quarry drill break the chest. causing items to pop out of it, and the drill can suck up items in a small range (You can try throwing items at it). However, most of the item should drop on the ground below it, and will despawn as the quarry mines the rest of the area unless you have a small quarry.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Yes, I think in the latest version of BC the quarry will harvest containers and their contents, but only if the spat out objects land near the drill head.

Simple test is to start a single player creative world, setup a quarry, and put various items in the mining area to test what it does with them.

Mero

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, it will suck up items. As said though there is a chance items will despawn.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Yeah, it's best to have a little test world to freely spawn in items to test out ideas.