Bug with CloudFlare cookies

Status
Not open for further replies.

damaged

Jul 29, 2019
Using Chrome, on Windows 7

I guess the site went down yesterday while on my laptop, and I got that cloudflare page, stayed down for quite a while, so gave up refreshing, try this morning, still down, so I get on my ipad out of curiosity and the site is fine, so rebooted my laptop, tried again, same deal, still getting the useless cloudflare page, I ended up having to go in and wipe the feed-the-beast cookies for it to recognize the site was back up again.

Just letting people know in case they have this issue in the future.

Not a good experience with this CloudFlare service, that's for sure, at least I know what NOT to recommend to any of my clients...lol.

damaged

Jul 29, 2019
Does it say feed-the-beast.com is down as well or just forum.feed-the-beast.com?

Just forum.feed-the-beast.com, specifically, http:// forum.feed-the-beast.com/# ...the main site was fine.

To be fair, it occured to me I use a script blocker (ScriptSafe, formerly ScriptNo), BUT I whitelisted feed-the-beast.com as well as forum.feed-the-beast.com, but I suppose it might have affected it if the cloud service does something weird outside the whitelisted domains, if it happens again, I'll disable that first.

EDIT again, looks like the script blocker blocks ajax.cloudflare.com, would that cause that behavior? I suppose I'll whitelist it, sorry to waste your time if that was the cause.

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
Yup, but it does not cause trouble until the site goes down once.

I found this out myself. If the site stays up, you never have to let the ajax on your whitelist. The moment the site goes down, you either allow the scripts, or it prevents you from viewing the site (unless you clear the cookies).

Bit of a hostage taking behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.