Buckets/ Keeping full buckets stocked...

RottenJeeves

Jul 29, 2019
My question is how are you guys keeping water buckets stocked in the mixer from factorization using the mods installed??

Its kinda of annoying to have to stand there and do all the filling and loading yourself...

thanks in advance...

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
Iron pipe on top of the mixer connected to the input on one side and a liquid transposer on the other side.
Wooden pipe beneth the mixer leading to a diamond pipe, the diamond pipe directs the buckets (two in the loop) back up to the transposer for filling, the sludge (and clay) to a temporary chest for storing, and the product goes drectly to the next step on the line.
The liquid transposer is hooked up to a aqueous accumulator with two water source blocks beside it.

It works at almost max speed (once the wooden pipe have gotten up to speed), only drawback is that it "jams" if more then two stacks gets into the mixer at any time since it then spits out one or both of the buckets.

Magicferret

Jul 29, 2019
Factorization's routers are perfect for this once you can afford them. I use one with an item filter, machine filter and ejector and another with just the first two upgrades. The first one pulls the empty buckets out of my line of mixers and ejects them straight into a liquid transposer full of water. The transposer then pipes the filled buckets back into the second router which distributes them back to the mixers. The whole system is almost instant and very compact. In my setup it deals with four mixers but I'm sure you could add as many as you like without any extra routers and liquid transposers.

any1seenjoe

Jul 29, 2019
I used a buildcraft pipes pulling out of the mixer, sending the buckets to a vanilla dispenser(in place where I would usually have a deployer, ie on infinite water src). A buildcraft autarchic gate was used to send a redstone signal to the dispenser when items were in the inventory, and start the energy pulser to pull the bucket out.

Bluehorazon

Jul 29, 2019
Basically all you need for most things are diamond-pipes.

They work like insertion-pipes, since they priorize directions if you place items in them. If you choose one direction to be only for water-buckets and another direction for all items the water-bucket will always go the water-bucket-way unless there is no free space. This works also for the boiler and most other things. I'm not sure but a hopper could simplify it by being able to store some buckets and you could use a TE-Liquidfiller to place buckets directly into the hopper, which I guess is the best setup.

So all you have to do is use a liquid-transposer and give it 5 empty buckets. You could place a hopper underneath the liquid-transposer which is filled with full buckets by the transposer. Since both parts of the system have enough space for 5 buckets they should not overflow. You just have to sort out the empty buckets to get them back into the transposer. I think a the water-thingy from TE should be also able to automatically pump water into the liquid-transposer. So you won't need much pipes anyway.

Reactions: LeC

RottenJeeves

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the responses guys.
Good to know about diamond pipes, I didn't know they checked for inventory space.
Right when I think I am a wizard, a seemingly easy problem gets the best of me. I'll mess around and see what I can come up with.
Thanks again.