Open Brand new server crashes with FTBUtilites error on startup

Gmoff01

Jul 29, 2019
Summary of the problem Brand new server crashes with FTBUtilites error on startup

Pack Version 1.0.0

What is the bug? When creating a brand new DW20 1.10.X server and starting it up, I get an exception from FTBUtilities. If I delete that mod, the server starts up fine and I can connect. This is obviously not the ideal fix.

Mod & Version FTBUtilities-1.10.2-3.1.4

Link to log file http://pastebin.com/z3qhEwQK

Is it repeatable? Just starting up the fresh server gets this error every time.

Known Fix Deleting FTBUtilities from the server allows a normal startup

M

mrsmn

Have you by any chance named your world: "world" (with quotes?)
Because if that's the case, FTBUtils doesn't seem to like that: Caused by: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "world"

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Also, you need to take a serious look at your Java arguments.
Code:
    JVM Flags: 9 total; -Xms10G -Xmx20G -XX:PermSize=1G -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -XX:ParallelGCThreads=2 -XX:MinHeapFreeRatio=5 -XX:MaxHeapFreeRatio=10
PermSize is no longer used with java 8 and can be removed. Xms and XmX are way to high. This will cause java to spend more time doing memory management. Server will run fine with a lot less. May I suggest you try the following instead of using the outdated arguments that were used with java 7?
Code:
-Xms512M -Xmx6G -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=10 -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=10000 -XX:ParallelGCThreads=3

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Have you by any chance named your world: "world" (with quotes?)
Because if that's the case, FTBUtils doesn't seem to like that: Caused by: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "world"
I'm not sure I buy this. Servers always use "world" for game save data. Been that way for years going back to at least 1.4.7. And I have two 1.10 servers running now and both have FTBU in them and no issues with "world" for the game save.