Big red x can't connect to modded server

E

Enkorru

I can play single player just fine with the update to infinity evolved. When I try to connect to my friend's server it crashes and displays an x where it hasn't before. I was able to connect to it just fine before I returned my laptop to factory settings. Now after updating it won't let me connect to the server while previously. It just gives me the message "cannot connect to modded server" and it displays a red X. Also it says 173 mods present. Under my version it says there's 179 mods I have no idea why.

I'm using 1.7.10 infinity evolved

E

Enkorru

How do I find the log?
I have FTB infinity evolved 2.6.0
Minecraft 1.7.10
Both are what the server are using the only difference is that I have 179 mods and the server has 173 mods present. I did nothing different. Thanks

Aetherpirate

Jul 29, 2019
C:\ftb\*NameOfPack*\minecraft\logs

grab the latest.log

Are you absolutely sure he is on the same version you are?

E

Enkorru

I'm fairly certain it's the same version I'm running. Would it be possible to download a previous version of the mod otherwise? Also I found the log it won't let me link it though

E

Enkorru

Oh wait got the log to link

Attachments

• latest.txt
    15.7 KB · Views: 190
E

Enkorru

Okay I'll try the previous version and see if that solves the problems. Did the log yield any information?

E

Enkorru

Yep I just loaded the previous version and it worked like a charm. I can't believe the solution was that simple. Thanks friend for all your help =)!

ShadySilo

Jul 6, 2021
im having the same problem but i am using aternos to host this server and i cannot connect to it, shows a red x under the amount of players icon, please can someone help