Better Scuba equipment.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Is there an alternative to the scuba equipment? I find that the compressed air cells don't last very long and I have a big task to do that requires me to be underwater.

Acegamer9

Jul 29, 2019
All I can think of is a quantum helmet but since compressed air cells seem to be scarce for you, I'm guessing you're not in the end-game stage to get that.

Hrulgin

Jul 29, 2019
You could go old school vanilla and make air bubbles by placing ladders on underwater walls, wooden doors on underwater floors and fence posts on underwater ceilings. Any of those will create an air bubble that will refresh your breath, though if you remove them you will leave odd currents behind in the water. The other option is enchanting golden helmets until you get some of the underwater-useful enchants. Some of them let you survive a ludicrous amount of time underwater, to the point that natural full-health regeneration will almost keep up with the drowning damage.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
One item for you. Doors. Doors make a double airbubble anywhere on the bottom. no need to find a wall to hang a ladder or sign onto. just plop it down and voila. instant air refill.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
I guess MFFS is out of the question if you're struggling with air cells.

Build an underwater cube of sand/gravel (A filler over the water might be useful here), then cover the sides + top in dirt/non gravity block. Mine out the sand (filler is useful here too)- so you're left with an underwater box of air. (make sure there at least 1 layer of water above your box)

When your done building, simply remove that box and Ta-da! Underwater base of awesomeness...

-Or wait until redpower, wall your area off then drain it with the pump, Then refill when you're done building.