Battlefield 4!

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Hey everyone!

I just got battlefield 4 for PC last week, but I only started playing it last night because I had no spare time xD. My first thoughts are:

Pros:
  1. Its not as buggy as people are making it out to be
  2. The graphics are beautiful (Im playing Ultra on 44 FPS)
  3. Campaign is engaing as always
  4. The sounds are truly captivating, I especially love how immersing it is
Cons:
  1. Multiplayer is not noob friendly (I havent played BF3 for 6 months and coming back, everyone expects you to be pro and rages when you aren't)
  2. Jets are hard to use, for example when I am trying to turn we have to turn on our side (so one wing up, one down) and then lift the nose. However when lifting the nose it keeps auto turning you to the top so I could never turn around properly (Im sure after a while I will get used to it)
  3. Air vehicles still have that progression curve which makes it almost impossible to get a kill with the default weapon
  4. I can't swim underwater! (I know its not something major, but a lot of times, we have to cross gaps filled with water and it only lets you swim on the surface so you are pretty much easy pickings)
What are your thoughts on it? Also if you have it, add me: IGN: VikeStep

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
I don't have the game, but I've watched a bit of gameplay and I hope to play it at an internet cafe near me.

I just want for us to take a moment to appreciate how silly the x40 scope is. That this is cool as hell, and utterly useless. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be able to use that thing, even in real life.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I suppose if you just want to sit at one end of the map and shoot at the other, it's okay...eh, I just dislike snipers in general.

Devino

Jul 29, 2019
Yea... Battlefield 4... yea I want it but there is... THAT:

so I have to spend 4000$ to get this working.... NO!

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
Yea... Battlefield 4... yea I want it but there is... THAT:
so I have to spend 4000$ to get this working.... NO!

I doubt you'd need to make a $4000 gaming rig for something like that. You likely already have the minimum processor, unless your computer is really old, so you'd really just have to grab a new graphics card. Heck, even I could run BF4 on minimum, and I'm using a 3 or 4 year old Mac.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
I got a PS4 yester-saturday, and got Killzone: shadow thingamajigoogico, AC4: Black flag, and BF4

Currently, I have not been able to do any multiplayer in any of them, as where I have the PS4 installed, there is no internet, but i should get that fixed when I get back from holiday (14-21 if you really must know).

I wish, though, that it would be possible to play cross-platform multiplayer. I know that this would give an unfair advantage to those on consoles as they have controllers not keyboards, but maybe specific severs only could be cross-platform. Would that be cool?

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
cross-platform. Would that be cool?
I've always loved cross-platform stuff. And I don't think it would be that much of a disadvantage. PC players use controllers sometimes, and console players have auto-aim type deals. Everything works out.

Reactions: the_j485

JoelleWyserPratte

Jul 29, 2019
I agree that Battlefield 4 is a high-end game but super cool game..

anyway, that is the reality of having a highend game the system requirement is super big as well.