Problem Avast (Anti-Virus) and FTB App

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

R00TBEER

Jun 7, 2022
I don't know if I am the only one but even if I add an exception to the FTB App I will still have problems with the app like I cant launch a modpack/instance if I don't have my anti-virus off, same for downloading a modpack.. I am the only one having those issues?

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
You need to make exception/whitelist/exclude the game (the application and also the folder structure where it operates), and in some cases java as well - how that is handled in your Antivirus software you need to check on the support pages for that software.

R00TBEER

Jun 7, 2022
but the question is why its happening , I never had issue like that with the Twitch App back then and recently Curse, so is it something different that the FTB App does ?

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
but the question is why its happening , I never had issue like that with the Twitch App back then and recently Curse, so is it something different that the FTB App does ?
You need to dig in to your Antivirus software for that answer, or contact their support.

The issue is not the FTB app, that's just the effect.