Automating my Tree farm problems....

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

MrRobbie

Jul 29, 2019
I am able to set up all the pneumatic tubes to barrels having them hold the items (saplings, apples etc.) until they are needed without a problem but the wheat filter on the moistener clogs it. I am having it request 8 each time the wheat barrel gets its red stone pulse...but even having the filter set to 4 wheat clogs it..is there an easier way to automate my tree farm humus or is it something that should be done manually? This is for my bio-gas production (if I ever get it going) .... love Thermal expansion but magma crucible or nether route seems to simple..wanted a challenge ..lol.
Sorry forgot the timer for the wheat is set for about 2-3 minutes

Domicilius

Jul 29, 2019
You could have a regulator set up under the pipe where your wheat travel through on its way to the barrel. Set it to only output a set amount of wheat (im guessing you only want 8 wheat at a time in your machine). It will try to always keep the number of items you specify in it, so you can make it always keep 8 wheat inside the moistener. Run pipe over top of it (with the moistener/pipe to moistener underneath the regulator) so that if the wheat can't go into the regulator/moistener, it will just keep going into your barrel.

MrRobbie

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the infor..was just at Red power wiki and the regulator sounds like a fix. Off to give it a try.

Milaha

Jul 29, 2019
If you can allow the moistener to completly fill with wheat and the input only goes to the appropriate slot (never used one) you can simply have it so that either the wheat has to pass the moistener on the way to some other storage, or use restriction tubes to set up priorities.

For example in my base I have all machines that demand materials on the main network, all the storage behind a single restriction tube, the recycler behind 2 restriction tubes, and an ejector that goes into the fire behind 3 restriction tubes. Redpower is incredibly intelligent about routing items, and the only time a backlog will affect the system is if the items have no alternate route. Add in paint and you can make it even more intelligent. just make sure everything that you automatically produce always has some kind of backup plan in case you are producing more than you are using.

Fishloaf

Jul 29, 2019
I found the moisteners to be a pain to keep from getting jacked up. The wheat always takes over and it needs a bunch of free space to move things through the process. It may not be the most efficient but I set my filter to send one full stack of wheat. I set the timer to match how long it took my moisteners to run through the entire process. So basically once it makes a full stack of mulch and sends it on, another stack of wheat comes in. Between that and the mulch I also get from squeezing apples, I have more than enough to supply both my humus creation and fermenters.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
RP has troubles with Forestry machines, that is not really new, as RP is not using quite the same code for the side-specific inventory slots, so it tends to be a bit harder to automate.

One thing you could do is to check for the non-wheat products, or only send wheat when you take out mulch, that tends to work, but is a bit tricky to do.

MrRobbie

Jul 29, 2019
I did get it to work better no jams yet in the moistener ..but the production is suffering a little..set the filter pulse around 4.5 minutes and having the wheat filter send half a stack is helping. I am missing logistic pipes..lol