Autocrafting Table with non-stackable items

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Xen0n

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to use an Autocrafting table for non-stackable items? In a very large set up I have, one of the stages is to create a generator, with a battery, machine block and furnace all being created then put into an autocrafting table.

The issue is that RE-Batteries don't stack, so if I put the format for the recipe in, when a battery is put in to actually create the generator, it just falls onto the ground so it doesn't get created.
Is there a way to fix this?

Also, another problem is with recipes that create multiple of one item but I only want a certain amount. For example one of the things my set up makes is a Solar Panel. It gets 6 cobble, macerates it into sand, smelts it into glass then crafted into glass panes which creates 16. Is there a way to only let 3 of the panes go into the autocrafting table with the other 13 into maybe an overflow chest? I'm pretty sure this is easily doable with RP but i'm not sure without it

Thanks

Zaik

Jul 29, 2019
The buildcraft autocrafting tables should be able to pull out of an adjacent chest, that's how you used to do transmutes in them with EE2.

Been quite a while since I tried it though.

Reactions: Xen0n

Xen0n

Jul 29, 2019
YT
The buildcraft autocrafting tables should be able to pull out of an adjacent chest, that's how you used to do transmutes in them with EE2.

Been quite a while since I tried it though.

Thank you very much, hooking the pipe up to a chest next to the Autocrafting Table worked like a charm

W0lfHuntr

Jul 29, 2019
You really don't need a pipe between the chest and the table, just set the chest right next to the Autocrafting table and fill it with items you need for the recipe, I pipe all mine to the chest so it runs all by itself.

FMAylward

Jul 29, 2019
Also, not sure if its changed as I only tried this back in 1.2.5 with normal chests but multiple auto crafting tables could pull from a single chest. Don't know if it will work with other kinds of chests.

Xen0n

Jul 29, 2019
You really don't need a pipe between the chest and the table, just set the chest right next to the Autocrafting table and fill it with items you need for the recipe, I pipe all mine to the chest so it runs all by itself.
If you re-read what I said carefully, you'll see that I said I switched the pipe from going into the autocrafting table to now going to a chest next to the autocrafting table

W0lfHuntr

Jul 29, 2019
If you re-read what I said carefully, you'll see that I said I switched the pipe from going into the autocrafting table to now going to a chest next to the autocrafting table

Actually you said "Thank you very much, hooking the pipe up to a chest next to the Autocrafting Table worked like a charm"

It didn't say that the pipe was feeding into or out of the Autocrafting Table, but I am glad that you got it working.