"Authentication servers are down", and yet they aren't

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

trickyswkr

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
"Authentication servers are down", and yet they aren't
Launcher Version:
v1.4.7
Modpack:
Direwolf20 (issue occurs with all modpacks)
Modpack Version:
v1.2.1 (issue occurs with all versions)
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
Yesterday I had a power outage while my PC was up. Later that day when I had returned to my PC and was ready to jump back on FTB, I noticed that I wasn't able to open any packs at all and was receiving a "something went wrong, would you like to play offline?" box when I'd try to log in.

Several attempts at my own fixes, including system restores, disabling/deleting firewall/AV programs, several full uninstalls of FTB and Java as well as attempts to switch back to old Java versions proved fruitless. After much frustration, I found that the error now changed to what's posted in the current log. I attempt to launch a pack, and I receive an error that reads "Minecraft authentication servers might be down. Check @ help.mojang.com". Thing is, I check status to see that Mojang is showing no issues with authentication servers and other friends are able to log and relog with seemingly no issues whatsoever. What am I missing here?

I was using Java 8 updated to most recent update, but I'm currently using Java 7 update 76 I believe (basically just a prayer that a random old java version would do the trick).

I'm at the limit of my own abilities. Java issue? Launcher issue? Router issue? Any and all help would be appreciated since google has gotten me no where. Thanks!

trickyswkr

Jul 29, 2019
bump because desperation. I updated to Java 7 Update 79 64bit hoping that would do the trick. The problem then changed to showing an "arrayindexoutofboundsexception" error for a while. Closing and restarting the launcher resulted in the launcher producing the same error listed in the original post with stating the Minecraft authentication servers may be down. Help me please!

trickyswkr

Jul 29, 2019
bump. FTB appears to be functioning normally for me now, but the problem persists on my wife's computer. No idea as to why