Astral Sorcery - 'There is nothing here' constellation Papers

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Cougar281

Jul 29, 2019
I started tinkering with Astral Sorcery, and initially, couldn't figure out the bit with the 'There is nothing here' constellation papers. Since then I've learned a little, built some things, but now, I'm stuck.

I started with crafting a looking glass, and pretty much immediately went to the telescope, and was able to find all five of the 'strong' constellations. I've also build a Starlight Crafting Altar, with four active spectral relays, and an Attunement Altar. From there, I attuned myself to 'Discidia'. This is where I'm lost. From the reading I've done, near as I can tell, once you've attuned yourself to one of the constellations, at least some of the 'There is nothing here' papers should show something. But they all still say 'There is nothing here'. While I imagine being attuned to the constellation that I'm attuned to wouldn't 'unlock' them all, out of the 30 that I have, I'd think at least a few would now show something.

Edit to add: Since getting Attuned, I have found the 'Bootes' and 'Mineralis' constellations in the telescope, but I haven't been able to 'draw' them. It doesn't take when I try, I'm assuming because I 'don't have the paper'?

What am I missing?

Last edited:

Cougar281

Jul 29, 2019
You need to build the next tier altar in order to unlock the faint constellations.

After getting attuned, I did finally find a few more papers; I believe they were actually in a village.

I've crafted up to a celestial altar, and no change. I have 12 of the I believe 16 constellations (Two I haven't found in the sky yet, but the other 10 I have found and the papers are in my tome). It seems rather unlikely that out of the 30 'There is nothing here' papers I have, NONE of them are something I don't have and am 'leveled up to'... I would think there would be at least one. Is it once you pick them up, if you weren't 'in the right place', so to speak, they're permanently worthless?

Last edited:

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
After getting attuned, I did finally find a few more papers; I believe they were actually in a village.

I've crafted up to a celestial altar, and no change. I have 12 of the I believe 16 constellations (Two I haven't found in the sky yet, but the other 10 I have found and the papers are in my tome). It seems rather unlikely that out of the 30 'There is nothing here' papers I have, NONE of them are something I don't have and am 'leveled up to'... I would think there would be at least one. Is it once you pick them up, if you weren't 'in the right place', so to speak, they're permanently worthless?
The final four constellations are 'dim' constellations which apply modifiers and require another tier of celestial altar plus an upgrade to your telescope that has a seat before you can find them.