Are my Computer Specs Causing Infinity to run slowly?

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Matthew Kelley

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
Are my Computer Specs Causing Infinity to run slowly?
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
Infinity Evolved
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
This is really just a question if my computer has the proper specs to run Infinity Evolved. I've noticed that I consistently experience extremely low fps while playing, and I'm wondering if it has something to do with my laptop. Here they are:

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Late 2011) - OSX El Capitan
Processor: 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB

I think if anything, my processor/graphics might be holding my system back from running the mudpack efficiently, but any feedback is greatly welcomed. Thanks in advance!

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
It depends on your cpu. In windows based laptops the cpu's are always underpowered unless you spend a small fortune on the laptop. Do you have poor fps or what is happening?

Matthew Kelley

Jul 29, 2019
It depends on your cpu. In windows based laptops the cpu's are always underpowered unless you spend a small fortune on the laptop. Do you have poor fps or what is happening?
Yeah, my fps averages at about 2-5fps on my macbook pro, basically unplayable

Edit: I'm not sure if this would make any difference, but I removed my Windows data and partition from my mac, seeing as I never use it now anyway.

Last edited: