Are Forestry Loggers Broken?

swestrup

Jul 29, 2019
I'm running the latest version of the Direwolf20 modpack, and just set myself up an arboretum and logger combination. I didn't want to try out the new tree farms yet, as I just wanted a quick and easy supply of saplings for biomass, without having to learn a bunch of new mechanics.

However the logger doesn't seem to ever pick up fallen saplings or apples. I'm getting lots of wood, but as the whole purpose of the exercise was saplings, this is not working for me. Has anyone else had similar problems or am I the only one?

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
do you have a pipe on the top of the logger ? saplings/apples come from top wood out the sides

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
To answer the OP's question no the logger works just as it should, I take it form the tone of your post that you have a working knowledge of how the forestry tree farm system works, one thing to remeber that I have often forgotten have a chest beside arboretum or pipe sand out into an autocraft system to make humas.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
that's a huge problem with these mods. inconsistent data . The previous posts are correct. all the outputs come from the top

Skirty_007

Jul 29, 2019
that's a huge problem with these mods. inconsistent data . The previous posts are correct. all the outputs come from the top

That depends on a config setting. Either it can ignore sides (one setting) or some comes out the top and some on the sides (a different one). Not sure how it's configured in the current packs, but the beta a (last time I used a logger) was definitely configured for two sided output.