Anyone else noticed this about nukes?

bobbysq

Jul 29, 2019
For dome reason, detonating 2 or more nukes will cause permanent lag in the part of the world that they were set off in. I also have a pretty good computer and it happened. (but slightly less bad than on my older one) Sucking in all the items with magnet mode doesn't help. Does anyone know why this happens/how to fix it?

To reproduce it just set down 2 nukes next to each other, then light one or both. You will now have tons of lag until you escape the chunk(s) you blew them up in. Go back and you will get the same fps drop.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
The whole region is now filled with a "fallout" poisonous aura after you nuke it. I wouldn't be surprised if that had an effect, particularly if the chunk still has a number of mobs (neutral and hostile) around all taking damage from it.

Probably one of those things they could afford to have more testing/feedback on.

Vegoraptor

Jul 29, 2019
It seems like the fallout is not the main reason as I reproduced it twice, once in the normal world and once on a flying, buildermade copy of the first region, where it was impossible for mobs to spawn, the pattern had just slightly less amplitude.
Knowing almost nothing about coding shenanigans, I would blame it on blocks being destroyed twice due to them getting deleted consecutively by the first explosion, but not fast enough to be degenerated in the next, so they get blown up another time and corrupt the chunk in a manner irritating java and needing more calculation.
But yeah, just a guess.

bobbysq

Jul 29, 2019
I thought that would be the case, but it only happens after they blow up at the same time.

edit: ninja'd