Bug AE2 Quantium Bridge breaking

Z

ZataraTMM1

First post, i didn't know where to post this soo sorry, i don't know if this is a bug or some kind of feature becouse i never saw it for past 2 hours of reasearching about it.

Okay, i have 6 AE2 Quantium Bridges and they worked for quote some time now, i'm using storage cells as diffrent dimensions for automation, bees,etc, When i went into my cells i saw the network wasn't working , and the bridge was on, i checked back at my base and they ware destroyed, i replaced them and it didn't work again. after logging back in i couldn't make a quantium bridge anymore, i place the multiblock structure and when i place the last block, 2-3 other random blocks just break like a blockbreaker is breaking them, and somehow if i place the blocks fast enought it will form but it will not work, i broke the cable and replaced it nothing seems to work. As i said i researched for 2 hours of "Quantium bridge not forming, blocks breaking" etc i couldn't find anything.

Photoloss

Jul 29, 2019
No idea on the breaking part, are you sure the blocks are actually breaking or could they just be "popping back off" due to client-server-desync or something like spawn protection?
Are you sure there are no mobs (Witchery has some invisible ones, not sure if they can break blocks), AoE effects like forgotten quarries or such nearby?
Is this on a multiplayer server where another player might have deliberately set up remote block breakers or spawn protection specifically to annoy you?

In general make sure you have a chunkloader and power storage on both sides or the connection might break. Make sure the power supply lasts long enough for the game/server to load up everything after a reboot, just in case.
Also try taking the whole thing down with a diamond-level TiCon hammer or equivalent tool (to potentially break bugged invisible blocks by hitting the central chamber) and rebuilding it, use a spare pair of singularities if you have one.

Z

ZataraTMM1

Yep they're loaded, both parts, sorry that i didn't mention, my base is on the huge trees whatever the name was, on top of it, and plus i have 2 induction torches or whatever the name was that prevents mobs from spawning in 64x64 and i have 2 of them. yes it's breaking, like it doesn't even form, the particles and sound are apearing, nop no spawn protection as i said i'm in singleplayer and no querries. I had only 1 running wich i turned off and it was in the deep dark but this only hapens FOR the quantum bridge, the glass in the middle doesn't break but the other blocks do. sorry for repeating myself but as SOON as i place it it forms the structure for less than half a secound and it just destorys 2-3 blocks of the ring. And even if i somehow manage to make it *exit world come back* it would eventualy work but structural wise as in i can make it but it doesn't work. it used to work great soo this is a problem that occured after some time

Photoloss

Jul 29, 2019
What happens if you place other blocks in the place where the Quantum Bridge should go? Do they pop off too?
Does this happen to any Quantum Bridge you build, even linking two locations in the overworld? Ideally try both almost next to each other, but far away from your main base.
If that works try a larger distance with chunk loaders.
If that works try across vanilla dimensions, i.e. place one bridge in a random safe spot in the Nether.
Then go to the dimensions you actually want to use. At this point you should have experienced a problem, if not check on a per-chunk basis.

Try various orders for building the structure too, in particular try reclaiming both singularities and only return them once/if both rings are properly formed.

If none of that helps make a backup and start looking into mod incompatibilities and world corruption, sadly I can't help you much there.

Z

ZataraTMM1

Oh and i'm using ftb infinity, but i think that's obvious right? Il try again and il report it..i hope it's fixable, and sometimes it fixes itself as in i can normally build the structure, but it doesn't work. simply stopped working :/.

Z

ZataraTMM1

well, placing them 4 blocks apart * as i test* from my main controler base worked, it did transmit power thro a RF p2p tunnel and it did connect...but when i try to do it in the cell it can't...that's weird. It used to work..what would cause it to stop?

Photoloss

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not too familiar with the storage cell environment, are you sure you're giving it all it needs in terms of power, chunkloading, multiblock environment and so on? And several dimensions systems include "partial reset" features, for example the obsidian platform in the End regenerates every time you travel there. Maybe you changed something about your usage pattern or an initially unrelated crash/bug/corruption tripped such a mechanic?
What happens if you try with a different storage cell? If only that one dimension is broken you can just transfer everything over, right?