Advanced Regulator Issues...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

GrimmSpector

Jul 29, 2019
So, I've got an Advanced Regulator setup to dump stuff into the alloy furnace and assembly table to make them work with autocrafting, but it turns out when the Regulator outputs items it only outputs 1 of the item and not all the items in it's inventory, so as soon as it outputs for instance 1 brass plate, it leaves the other 7 in it's inventory, waiting for that slot to clear. You can't stick multiple of an item in the slot filter in the advanced regulator, I really need a way around this to make the crafting of these items less exhausting, anyone got any work around? Thanks in advance!

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Multiple regulators.

There is a video on autocrafting tables. If you have a ratio of 6:1 for two unique items required, have two chests with one item, three redstone engines on that one and another subsequent chest for the other item with one engine... I hope you see where I'm going with this.

That or the expensive but eventual solution (in most cases) AE.

GrimmSpector

Jul 29, 2019
That's my problem, I have an AE network setup, autocrafting everything I need pretty much...except that when it comes to the Interface it can only put a block in from one side, so I stuck a Regulator in between it because according to it's write up it would do what I want, but it will only output a single item and then stop until the slot is clear...I don't see how a regular regulator is going to work any better since it does the same thing but only has one filter slot, so it would stick one item in and that's it, and if I'm going to put multiple regulators I may as well just stick a sorting device in between and run two tubes into different sides of the machine, I thought all these advanced mods were supposed to help limit that shit? What use is AE if I can't do this...

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
What is it that you are trying to do. I am shooting in the dark here, making assumptions and such. It sounds like I'm getting nowhere as well.

I think it's because the regulator is designed to place items in the right spot (or is that the translocator) for i/o purposes and not necessarily for multiple items craft. i.e. If you want to make 4 workbenches, you put 16 pieces of wood in a square.

I think it'll only put 4 piece of wood in a square and wait for those preset slots to be cleared, before repeating that action.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Correct, the advanced regulator is the wrong machine for this job. What you want is a translocator... or just use AE directly.

In the interface of the alloy furnace, there should be a few buttons, one of them looking like two squares side by side. If you click that, it will turn into a long rectangle instead. What that button does is specify whether the two inventory slots of the machine are treated separately, or as one. So if you have it set as one (the long rectangle), a ME interface will be able to place items into both slots, with no need to insert from multiple sides.

Runo

Jul 29, 2019
Above posts are incorrect, This problem is fixable, and its simpler than you think. The regulator controls both item count output and target location output. You need to increase the item count in the middle grid from 1 to 8 for it to output 8 at a time :). That'll fix it. The machine is absolutely phenomenal and has so many good uses.

The only problem the regulator can have is in combined use with AE. Successive crafting recipes to the same machine, for example, data storage circuit then a data orb in an assembling machine via me interface/auto crafting. You can fix this by pre-filling the machine with 7 dirt to block the other slots. Applied energistics also has problems with mass processing. For example, I can only craft 512 steel at a time with my IBF on-order because the AE prefills the regulator with all the refined iron first.

GrimmSpector

Jul 29, 2019
I'll try the long slot option. But I feel like I've tried it before without success. The regulator doesn't appear to control quantity though. Left clicking an item deletes it and right clicking with the same item or an empty cursor does nothing. Am I missing something??

Runo

Jul 29, 2019
I'll try the long slot option. But I feel like I've tried it before without success. The regulator doesn't appear to control quantity though. Left clicking an item deletes it and right clicking with the same item or an empty cursor does nothing. Am I missing something??

yes, you have to right click it with the quantity of the item you want to send. that will encode the number to send per cycle.

FormerlyMQ

Jul 29, 2019
To continue this thread with my own problem, since it is very similar - I am trying to get my assembly machine to behave by using an advanced regulator to dictate what item will go into what slot. Without the regulator, the ME Interface making data orbs would occasionally insert one of the ingredients into both slots, holding up the works. The regulator, as I understand it, is supposed to be able to assign a specific slot for a specific ingredient in this case - IE: First slot gets x amount of "this" item only, second slot gets x amound of "that" item only. The problem I encounter is that the right-most set of boxes in the advanced regulator interface does not have any numbers for slots. I cannot assign which slot of the machine i would like my ingredients to be tied to. So, in other words the 0's are missing when I plop down a brand new machine.
3Bl1C.png

Runo

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried placing the machine first then the regulator? I've never had this problem but I've always placed the regulator after the machine.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
How is this different than the translocator? I am approaching the point where I'd like to automate my breeder. All attempts at avoiding these machines have failed.

Runo

Jul 29, 2019
The advanced regulator helps fully automate a breeder because of the multiple specific output slots. For example, say you use the breeder with two isotope stars. You can set one regulator to output 8 depleted isotopes to 8 exact spots in the reactor defined by the number grid on the right of the UI, then use another for the uranium cells. This prevents issues with, say, an export bus filling the isotope slots with uranium and causing a meltdown, and also prevents the necessity of several machines all outputting to one slot each. It also makes it easier to automate you can just put a level emitter on the bus attached to the uranium advanced regulator and tell it to check for 170 isotope cells (around a full breeder cycles worth). My setup uses two adv regulators, one for uranium and one for isotopes, each with their own export bus, a level emitter on the uranium adv regulator, and an import bus on the reactor set to re-enriched cells. After I set it up, I never had to touch it again.

If you are running a small scale reactor setup, maybe automating the breeder isn't as easy and painless as just manually starting each reaction with two uranium cells and setting an export bus on depleted isotopes with an import bus on re-enriched cells. However, if you're burning through 500+ uranium cells a day, the automated breeder is critical.

Runo

Jul 29, 2019
To continue this thread with my own problem, since it is very similar - I am trying to get my assembly machine to behave by using an advanced regulator to dictate what item will go into what slot. Without the regulator, the ME Interface making data orbs would occasionally insert one of the ingredients into both slots, holding up the works. The regulator, as I understand it, is supposed to be able to assign a specific slot for a specific ingredient in this case - IE: First slot gets x amount of "this" item only, second slot gets x amound of "that" item only. The problem I encounter is that the right-most set of boxes in the advanced regulator interface does not have any numbers for slots. I cannot assign which slot of the machine i would like my ingredients to be tied to. So, in other words the 0's are missing when I plop down a brand new machine.
3Bl1C.png

I figured out your issue, its a funny one :p right click your NEI search bar to remove the grey. The numbers are the same color as the grey-out done by NEI