Open Server Aceadam's Serverr

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.

aceadam

Jul 29, 2019
Aceadsms server
Server info
Direwolf20 pack
24/7
20 slots
hosted in uk
Rules:
°No Griefing
°No asking for op (If we need staff we will say so)
°Do not moan shout at other players
°Do not blow up the world with nukes or any explosive for that matter.
°Be Social
°Be mature
More Info
There is only 1 OP member atm and that is me Aceadam until i find more staff
website comeing soon
Make sure you read all the rules and info before comming onto the server thanks!
Server IP: 130.255.191.138

Plugins:
TreeAssist - Chop down the bottom and get the whole lot!
Open to suggestions for plugins!

Server Specs:
Hosted on a Linux VPS with 3GB ram in the EU <Simple as that​
Servers out there that claim 32GB ram or 16GB ram is pure lying​

aceadam

Jul 29, 2019
not really. If you do a DNS lookup and look at the website hosting them most sites dont even offer that much ram...

also sites that do cost like 200 Euro+ a month and u think there going to spend that much for a 20-50 slot server... no

Busi

Jul 29, 2019
for 60 euro for a dedicated server in germany "better that VPS"
you will get

Intel® Core™ i7-920 Quadcore
incl. Hyper-Threading Technology
  • Free Phone Support
  • Free Email-Support
  • Data Center 24/7 Stand-by-Service
  • 250 Gbit Bandwidth
  • Redundant Network
  • Juniper Routing-Technology
  • 100 % switched network; no collision domains
  • High Speed Access to all Internet-Uplinks
  • 24/7 Monitoring
  • Network Availability min. 99%
So im not sure where you get the 200+ euro from

aceadam

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys im sorry but ill eb shutting down the server until i can find teh funs for a dedicated one. The cpu load is too great and i kinda got told of my VPS providor for it lol thanks all for playing!

also where u get that 60 euro server form :p

Skullywag

Jul 29, 2019
In the meantime If you want to, I can have a go at running the server on a box I have here, i can probably host up to 10 people (so should be most if not all of the regulars) on my internet speed (I think), it should be powerful enough. Just an offer up to you if you accept.

UnknownAI

Jul 29, 2019
Hehe, I can understand the VPS provider not liking the CPU usage :)

A dedicated 16GB DDR3, Core i7 system can be rented from hetzner.de
Something like http://www.hetzner.de/en/hosting/produkte_rootserver/ex4 should work fine.

Run the MC program and config files from a RAMdisk and the performance should be awesome. But keep in mind RAM is volatile so make regular map backups (once every three hours?).
I'm willing to help set up the server and RAMdisk.

Skullywag

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure whats happening but while I was bored ive got my box up and running, setup bukkitforge, essentials and groupmanager for perms (set those up to) also got worldguard and worldedit working (which surprised me!). So again if you can get me the world files I can keep us ticking over or if this is going to die then I can at least let the regulars mess about on it for a while if they want....

So if anyone wants the IP PM me.

aceadam

Jul 29, 2019
When they warned me they rebooted the node which messed up the box with ny server rubbing the full CPU musted of messed em up :/ but then again I was gonna start a new world seen as the new update wouldent work and bug players going in the twilight forest :/ also make sure u take off canvas bag as ppl used it to dupe

Ohfaaas

Jul 29, 2019
Hi my name is ohfaaas, and I want to introduce my self, I'm 16 years old and I live in Belgium. I have experience with the Direwolf20-pack and his mods. I'm not a redstone expert at all (just saying that ahead). But I'm always willing to learn. I also know that this is an open server and no white-listed one. But I do think its nicer when you know the the people that you are playing with. So hello :D

I also have a few ideas if it comes to plugins, I think that LWC and Essentials won't be a bad idea for a server. So that way you can protect your server against griefers and so; :D

aceadam

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, I have just bought a new dedicated server but i need staff to help with the plugins and moderation of the server

Skullywag

Jul 29, 2019
Adam as you know ill always offer my support, Ive been using bukkit and plugins for years on Vanilla and have successfully set up Essentials, GroupManager, WorlGuard and WorldEdit on my local FTB server with very few isues. So the offer of help is there, temp or permanent, its your call.

Skullywag

Jul 29, 2019
I dont use skype (have bad history with it), get me on gtalk or gmail (let me know and ill PM you) if you want or chuck me an IP in pm and i can jump on and help out.

aceadam

Jul 29, 2019
no i write my email on ur profile wall but u havent answered back.. =/ do u use msn or anything i can chat to u directly?

Skullywag

Jul 29, 2019
Oh yeah damn website didnt tell me! ill add you on gtalk, open gmail its in the bottom left corner

Ohfaaas

Jul 29, 2019
And how is it going with the server? I also can also help if you need some. Just send me a message and I'll help.