About the Custom Packs! :)

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
It's pretty clear that the guy who committed Thread Necromancy by trawling this months-old thread back up to the front page is just trying to troll around by spouting a bunch of nonsense designed to get people up in arms on this very polarized topic.

I mean, come on... he even admits he created a throwaway account just to post it. Probably someone sock-puppeting.

So yea... DFTT.

Reactions: GreenWolf13

GreenWolf13

Jul 29, 2019
It's pretty clear that the guy who committed Thread Necromancy by trawling this months-old thread back up to the front page is just trying to troll around by spouting a bunch of nonsense designed to get people up in arms on this very polarized topic.

I mean, come on... he even admits he created a throwaway account just to post it. Probably someone sock-puppeting.

So yea... DFTT.
But what if the trolls are hungry?

MagusUnion

Jul 29, 2019
"In the Name of God, Impure souls of the living troll shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen..."

images

Reactions: ShneekeyTheLost

DemoncatShade

Jul 29, 2019

So yea... DFTT.
Wow. Just because I said I created this account to say something DOES NOT mean that it's a throwaway account. And I Said what I said because I hadn't seen anyone else mention it, and I wanted to know why not. I didn't know that transferring the single player mods to a server was that simple, and the only reason I even bothered was because I was looking into how to make my own custom FTB pack. So yeah. No trolling intentional. I didn't even realize how old the thread was until after I sent the message. Though, if there is a place where the actual FTB team discusses this topic, I'd be glad to know about it.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Wow. Just because I said I created this account to say something DOES NOT mean that it's a throwaway account. And I Said what I said because I hadn't seen anyone else mention it, and I wanted to know why not. I didn't know that transferring the single player mods to a server was that simple, and the only reason I even bothered was because I was looking into how to make my own custom FTB pack. So yeah. No trolling intentional. I didn't even realize how old the thread was until after I sent the message. Though, if there is a place where the actual FTB team discusses this topic, I'd be glad to know about it.
Generally, we don't discuss this topic, because it's already dead.

Most of the mod authors have given blanket permissions for custom mod packs, usually with something like 'just be sure to give credit where credit is due' or 'make sure all the other mod authors are properly credited as well'. There's a list a page or two back with all the mod authors who have done so, and with what permissions clauses are present.

If you'd actually read the thread instead of making your highly inflammatory post, you'd have known that. Actually, if you'd known anything about what you were talking about, you could've avoided the whole mess in the first place. The internet is a bad place to just go about making statements without doing your research first, because all the information is already there for anyone to look up and make you look very foolish.

tl;dr: do your research before posting inflammatory comments and you'll appear less trollish.

Reactions: MagusUnion