A Question of Decoration

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
ok so I'm trying to get my place to look nice and hit a stumbling block, what to place in the roof to make it look good. This is what I have: http://imgur.com/aPEgZFA I'm using the Mindcrack 8.0.1 pack with Mystcraft installed if that makes a difference. Any help is appreciated.

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
lol, it would be even more so I think if I had the roof the same color, I wanted my base to have a futuristic kind of feel ala fallout, but looking at the various blocks I couldn't come up with anything short of changing my texture pack

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
imo the red xychoridite bricks look a little too.... gharish to be used as anything other than accents... maybe try the light(white) bricks?

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
The one with the soul cages surrounding the RedPower lamps looks really cool. Personally, I think you should go with that (and I might steal that design and use it somewhere else).

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019

I like that one.
I never really liked how a lot of Xycoridite blocks looks with a bunch together, they look cool alone and are nice for here and there, but used as the only material for a surface it always looked so...
But that's probably just me.

Maybe just use the Xychridite as a frame around the floor/ ceiling?
I always saw it more as a material to go with others, it tends to look great in combination with other materials I'll give it that.

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
I agree with the blocks as frames, I've tried using them alot and never liked them when they are bunched up, has alot to do with design on the bricks I think. Alright, my iron supply will hate me but I guess I can go with the soul cages XD

Oh a thought just hit, I could put something like lava liquiducts and maybe biofuel ones as well above the cages, that might give it a nice look

Zerren

Jul 29, 2019
In my opinion at least, you usually want to keep the ceiling from being a focal point, so nothing too crazy. Usually just dull, neutral colors works well; I often use railcraft concrete or fir wood planks as a ceiling.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
In my opinion at least, you usually want to keep the ceiling from being a focal point, so nothing too crazy. Usually just dull, neutral colors works well; I often use railcraft concrete or fir wood planks as a ceiling.
Yeah, I vote for this, although I'd go with spruce.