A Plea To The FTB Crew

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Should FTB add an Offline option for those who need it?

• Total voters

DayneEP

Jul 29, 2019
Hello all, I'm a tad frustrated with the "No Offline" abilities for this mod-pack.
I have restricted internet usage, as my parents are rather strict, and only get to use the FTB mod pack about once a week, if that.

I would really appreciate if you would please consider the ability to play offline. I love using the mod pack, and would love to keep playing it, but I can't when I'm limited with time. I understand your want for everyone to be a Premium Minecraft player, but even me being so, I can't enjoy this amazing mod pack.

Please consider adding some sort of offline capabilities, as I know I'm not the only frustrated one with this. Thanks for hearing me out.

cptprice0990

Jul 29, 2019
offline would mean people who have a pirated account or non premium could still have access
Slow said in the release stream he didn't want this

Glowstrontium

Jul 29, 2019
Just download Multi-MC and use the "Import FTB Modpack" Function, as that has an offline mode.

Anyhow, I agree that there should be an option to run the launcher offline, as the Vanilla MC one has that option.

DayneEP

Jul 29, 2019
Glowstrontium- Thank you very much for that, I didn't know! :D
Julian- No it is not.

Cauliflower

Jul 29, 2019
ScreenieFTBerrorforumreply.png

I disabled my internet connection and ran it and this popped up. It does work offline. This was before and after the 1.1.1 update aswell.

At least now you'll be able to leave that quarry running :)

Reactions: damnedsky

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
I ran my FTB last night in offline mode. So stop complaining. Because you can.

DayneEP

Jul 29, 2019
I hadn't used the pack in awhile. My apologies for not knowing this had happened. No need to be rude, wasn't informed is all.

Zombiejebus

Jul 29, 2019
+++ on the pack remaining offline mode friendly. Stuffing everything in the stock client to play mindcraft during a internet-less evening was a PITA.

DaveSW

Jul 29, 2019
The FTB launcher works exactly like the Minecraft launcher. You only need to connect to the internet the first time, and from then on you can play in offline mode. The FTB team has stated before that they are not going to support pirated copies of Minecraft at all. As far as DRM goes, this isn't bad at all.

Reactions: damnedsky

Zombiejebus

Jul 29, 2019
Just tested it and a slightly older version and both worked in online mode. I ran into the no online mode issue during thanksgiving, several versions ago. It may have been a fluke with that version. .or now that I think of it, a first run issue. (I copied my world to a new install.) Doesn't forge have issues w/ needing a connection during first run?

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Doesn't forge have issues w/ needing a connection during first run?
Correct, FML downloads a few libraries the first time it runs (the stuff you see in the /minecraft/lib/ folder), so if you don't have that directory with those libraries you may run into issues.