A Night to Remember (A Survival Quest Map)

Graeme97

Jul 29, 2019
Hello! So, recently, I came up with the idea of a survival quest based map that would depend upon fighting, and never staying in one area. These are ideas of how mechanics and other such things would work.

The map would never have the night turn to day. The objective is to build a Tier 5 Blood Magic alter. The twist? The longer you stay in an area, the harder it gets.

When you spawn and the world is generated, every chunk is giving a timer. The timer doesn't count down unless the player is in either the chunk itself, or less than 4 chunks (64 Blocks) away. The timer would be 200 (3 1/3 Hours) minutes long. Every chunk has a variable called Monster Toughness, it would start at 0, meaning only normal (Zombie, spider, skeleton, creeper) would spawn. Every 20 minutes, that chunk would have its Monster Toughness variable go up by one. (Or, as you may have figured out, when the timer goes down from 200 minutes to 180, and so forth) The higher the Monster Toughness, the harder the monsters. At level 2, Special Mobs creatures would start spawning. At level 8, Bosses would start spawning, and at level 10, wither would spawn with the same frequency as endermen.

Quests would reward infrastructure, meaning you would have to make a base specifically for a quest, then dismantle and leave before the monsters got too tough to survive.

Quests would give rewards that gave better armor or weapons, or increased inventory space. (Golden bags, Forestry bags, or whatever other kinds of bags)

The map would be open world, meaning you could spawn new chunks that had the timer at 200, but were far away from where you spawn, so that if you died, the harder it is to get back to your stuff.

Once you create the T5 Blood Magic alter, A special boss would spawn, and after its defeat, the day-night cycle would start again.

As you create the alter, the timer would go down faster, meaning the it would be hard to survive as you built it.

Maybe a secondary harder version, with a time limit of an ingame month or two, and after those were up, the world would freeze, and you would die?

Glaring problems: The mod that I would need for the base mechanic, I don't believe exists, so getting a modder or learning to code Java myself would be needed (The base mechanic being the longer you stay in an area, the harder it gets) The additional coding of the blood alter would also be needed, for the final boss to spawn and to speed the timer up, though the timer mod itself could just count how many Blood runes there were in an area and changing the chunk time on its own. The more you died, the harder the spawn would get as the timer goes down. This post, because it has so many grammar errors, because it was written at 1 AM.

This is currently only an idea. There are no current plans to start development of this map. Depending on interest, there may be.

Thoughts, Additional ideas, feedback, stuff, problems?

EDIT: So, in regards to the modlist, I am thinking of going in one of two directions, Magic & Weapon based (Thaumcraft 4, Blood Magic, Balkons WeaponMod,AM2, Witchery) Or technology based. (TE3, Buildcraft, Pneumaticraft, AE, CC) Which do you think you would prefer?