A Funky thing happend on the way to the forum . . .

Funky Ghost

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,

I'm an OMFG (O)ld (M)an (F)reakin' playing (G)ames.

Pretty much you name it I've more than likely dabbled at least passingly at it from old fashioned board games that required face to face (Oh noes!) to table top games that required suspension of belief, shame and a real shot at a girlfriend for awhile to the very early days of 300 baud PBeM games and MUDs. Simpler times and some real fond memories there.

It should surprise no one that I have a working Pet2000, C=64 w/1meg(!!!) upgrade and a 10 meg(!!!) HD, Amiga500 and Amiga1200 (Ok I was kinda a fanboi.. sue me! If it's any consolation I went to school to learn the Motorola c64 processor and assembly language only to see the platform die and PC (grr) take over. No I don't wear a pocket protector, why do you ask? :confused:

Don't worry I'm a PC convert (somewhat unwillingly but you go where the games are. . .) To that end these days I have a ridiculous "keeping up with the Jone's" PC that the less said of the better lest my lovely lady find out. . . ö¿ö

My latest game of choice has been Minecraft. I resisted the urge a long time under the ignorant assumption that a game that looked like it was made circa 1986 would not be able to snap my overloaded eye candy games from my rotation. Silly, silly me. . .

I'm 6 months in and hopelessly addicted. Even when beloved mods change, often so much so that I have to relearn them or move to another mod... only to find that the one I left was actually OP before the change and since I had advanced past needing my hand held (in that mod at least!) I was now able to appreciate the changes. . . *sigh*

Still
So
Much
to learn
to BUILD...

My youngest daughter (who plays as well now) finds it fitting that I'm playing a game that makes me a blockhead. She giggles about that. >.< She is SO lucky I'm a much older parent now! Nahh, she has me wrapped and I love playing a game with her that requires her to use her noggin' and lets her be as creative as she is willing to learn to be.

So there you go, obligatory wall of text! That's how we old folk roll, yo.

TL;DR
Hello, I'm Funky Ghost and I'm a minecraft addict.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Greetings and welcome! :D

My eldest is getting into minecraft himself now - its lovely to see them explore and learn and be creative isn't it? Pleasure to have you on the forums good sir. *shakes your hand*

Reactions: Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost

Jul 29, 2019
Hello there GWnG, nice to meet 'cha! *gives a firm handshake*

I adore playing games with my youngest. She is a chip off the ol' block for sure and Minecraft gives me a break from her constant servings of mad skeeelz in FPS games ( my old favorite genre until my deteriorating skills left me a hapless tango unable to compete with the fast twitch kiddos :D )

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Heh - FPS games are basically the games I'm the absolute worst at! Its a strange sense of both pride and annoyance when your kid beats you at something you used to kick ass at I'll bet?

I love gaming with my eldest too - we started off on the LEGO games, LEGO Marvel Superheroes in particular; he's now on a par with me at them! Apart from sometimes missing puzzle solutions (which I only know from having worked them out before), he's bloody good at them. But its so much fun; and I must admit to loving the fact that he can name loads of Marvel (and DC) characters now. He got Disney Infinity for his birthday recently from relatives, and that's immensely good fun to play cooperatively on! Won't be long before he's leaving me in the dust :D

Reactions: Funky Ghost