Open 2.5.2: Sky Factory 2.5.2 server crash

R

raedok

Version:

What is the bug:
If you have an autonomous activator trying to right click lootbags into a draconic chest the server will unload all dimensions and show the same message as if you did /stop.
If then you try to start the server, as soon as it loads it will then unload and stop again.
The crash should be pretty much instant as soon as the autonomous activator is enabled.

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
Yep. Tried it again just for this bug report. Place the chest, place the autonomous activator, put the lootbag (tried with rare one but I doubt that makes any difference since it crashed the server with legendary as well) and enable the activator. boom, server crashed.

Known Fix:
I managed to keep my world by first removing the draconic evolution mod and then adding it back after the items have been removed from the world.

Last edited:
R

raedok

If you want the crash log you can get it yourself. I have no idea how to get it from the server and I won't even bother finding out. It works on any sky factory server and all you have to do is cheat in the autonomous activator, the draconic chest, some creative energy cell and a lootbag. If the devs are really interested in fixing it getting the crash log will take no more than 2 minutes.

R

Robert Murray

Really?

You don't think just like you they have other things they want to be doing than just working on this project all the time? Just like you do not want to take the time or effort to get them a crash log. Why would they want to take extra time to fix the problem when there are problems listed with complete crash reports that make life easy on them. You can take the time to fix your world by removing mods but you don't know how to get an error report from the server?

If you want it fixed maybe you can take a little time and try and help?

Reactions: Mattfreyer45
R

raedok

I don't care if it's fixed. I fixed it for myself when the issue occurred and I thought I would let the devs know that there is a way to crash any sky factory 2.5 server. If they or anyone wants it fixed they can take the time to get a crash log and post it here.

If a dev was actually interested, like I said before, they would need to cheat in 4 items and put them in the world.

Oh and just so we're clear fixing it on my server required removing all items from the draconic evolution mod. On a populated server that is certainly not an option.

R

raedok

Maybe so but if I had made any modifications I would have said so. I only added clientside the mod that makes it so f11 makes it windowed fullscreen. If it would have been needed I would have said I did that but it makes no difference server-side.

Also it's clear you don't have anything to do with the development, so stop trying to be a smart-ass. Like I said five times already, it works on any freakin sky factory 2.5. If a dev finds that I am wrong and it doesn't happen for every sky factory 2.5 then the topic can be locked.

Edit: just to prove that you are wasting both our time, I started the single world, I placed an autonomous activator next to a draconic chest and *poof* the game crashed. As simple as that. Initially I thought it was because of the lootbags but it seems that if the autonomous activator "right clicks" the draconic chest the game crashes.

Last edited:

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Maybe so but if I had made any modifications I would have said so. I only added clientside the mod that makes it so f11 makes it windowed fullscreen. If it would have been needed I would have said I did that but it makes no difference server-side.

Also it's clear you don't have anything to do with the development, so stop trying to be a smart-ass. Like I said five times already, it works on any freakin sky factory 2.5. If a dev finds that I am wrong and it doesn't happen for every sky factory 2.5 then the topic can be locked.

Edit: just to prove that you are wasting both our time, I started the single world, I placed an autonomous activator next to a draconic chest and *poof* the game crashed. As simple as that. Initially I thought it was because of the lootbags but it seems that if the autonomous activator "right clicks" the draconic chest the game crashes.

It probably crashes because the draconic chest is not like a normal chest because, I believe, it acts like a furnace for smelting items.

In future if you are going to ask for help in any forum don't be rude to people that may be trying to help you as this will get you nothing.

R

raedok

I didn't ask for anyone's help. I reported a bug that crashes the server. If anyone had read I already said in my initial post that I managed to fix it for myself by removing and adding back the draconic evolution mod. Funny how no one thinks that this is a bug worthy of being fixed as soon as possible.

It probably crashes because the draconic chest is not like a normal chest because, I believe, it acts like a furnace for smelting items.

In future if you are going to ask for help in any forum don't be rude to people that may be trying to help you as this will get you nothing.

Another person who thinks they know better. Where does it say in my post that I am asking for anyone's help? Please do tell me. (facepalm).