Open 2.5.2: No passive mobs spawning

C

creystof

Version:

What is the bug:
At first i had no problems and passive mobs were spawning but out of nowhere they just stopped, i have tried building a new platform in a new biome neither are spawning anything.
Hopefully i and others with this problem can get help here.
Thanks in advance

Creystof
Edit: i'ts on a multiplayer server if that will help anyone find a fix.
Mod & Version: 2.5.2

Last edited:

missHPfan2

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe make sure you're always 24 blocks away? Of course, if you get too far, nothing will spawn. And ocean biomes don't spawn passive mobs except for fluid cows, which spawn fairly often there. You can always use bait if all else fails. The stuff works like a charm. You need water near it, though. Just make a little pond in your grass platform and place down bait. Just don't put too many in one spot.

C

creystof

Maybe make sure you're always 24 blocks away? Of course, if you get too far, nothing will spawn. And ocean biomes don't spawn passive mobs except for fluid cows, which spawn fairly often there. You can always use bait if all else fails. The stuff works like a charm. You need water near it, though. Just make a little pond in your grass platform and place down bait. Just don't put too many in one spot.
I have tried everything like that, the weird thing is that i get no animals at all not even fluid cows the only thing i get is the hostile mobs

missHPfan2

Jul 29, 2019
I did some poking around. Turns out there's a cap. Looks like you'll have to breed what you have, or farm them in another dimension. You can also use nets or golden lassos and simply release them as needed. I may do that with my fluid cows to get more to spawn, and hopefully get a molten cobalt one to go with my molten ardite cow.
Of course, once you're getting into spatial storage, that works too. Just store a pen of each mob on a disk and load up the one you want.

C

creystof

I did some poking around. Turns out there's a cap. Looks like you'll have to breed what you have, or farm them in another dimension. You can also use nets or golden lassos and simply release them as needed. I may do that with my fluid cows to get more to spawn, and hopefully get a molten cobalt one to go with my molten ardite cow.
Of course, once you're getting into spatial storage, that works too. Just store a pen of each mob on a disk and load up the one you want.
The thing is i killed all my animals to get fluid cows so i have no real idea what to do, i geuss dimlets might be something if that works

missHPfan2

Jul 29, 2019
I heard that RFTools dimensions also generate as void worlds, but with nothing at all. You'll want to bring some method of flight and an angel block. I think. I've never even used the mod though, so idk of it gives you a platform or something.