Open 2.5.2: Beheading Issues?

Kakarifers

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
It appears that there may be a problem with beheading. I've set up a draconic stabilized spawner for wither skeletons, and have a scythe below to behead them. This is the scythe in question: http://i.imgur.com/GPVoqY3.png

As you can see, it is unbreakable, has looting 3 via luck, and a 100% chance of beheading. I've left this system running over night and it did not produce a single wither skull for me. An autonomous activator did not net wither skull drops at all. However, if I swing with it myself, I get the regular drop rate for looting 3 on the skulls. The beheading is not factoring in at all, and I have no idea why.

I've testing the item return system and skulls will indeed make there way via a tesseract to my storage area, so that's not the issue. All in all, I just can't seem to find a reason the beheading is not giving me a skull from every single wither skeleton as I would think would happen.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Kind regards,
Kakarifers

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:

Known Fix:

lezchap

Jul 29, 2019
Does the Scythe work when using it manually? There is a known conflict somewhere that we can't figure out which mod is causing it, but it causes FakePlayers to not drop mob heads.

Kakarifers

Jul 29, 2019
Does the Scythe work when using it manually? There is a known conflict somewhere that we can't figure out which mod is causing it, but it causes FakePlayers to not drop mob heads.

The scythe "works" manually. As in yes I get skulls, but not at the expected rate. I get them at the looting III rate of a drop from the luck modifier. We actually did some poking around, and the EnderIO config that can allow skeletons and wither skeletons to be separate entities is set to false. When it was set to true, for a single player instance anyways, beheading worked as intended on top of being modified by luck as well. But only when used by a player. Fake players like autonomous activators and killer joes would no work. However, then again, even a diamond spike would not net wither skulls. It would, however, net mob souls via the reaper enchant.

I recall the EIO spawner being how Dire spawed wither skeletons for his... 1.8 FC modded series? So I'm not sure if that config was meant to be changed or not. It at least solves the skulls not dropping as expected via beheading, but now the issue of fake players not working is still there.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
The config for Extra Utilities is probably your issue and is to stop this unless you, the player, kill them.

If you craft diamond spikes from extra utils you will get the skulls. The spikes can also be enchanted with looting 3 which should give you all the skulls you need.

You can also enchant the spikes with reaper 5 to increase the chance of dimlets from endermen.

Kakarifers

Jul 29, 2019
The config for Extra Utilities is probably your issue and is to stop this unless you, the player, kill them.

If you craft diamond spikes from extra utils you will get the skulls. The spikes can also be enchanted with looting 3 which should give you all the skulls you need.

You can also enchant the spikes with reaper 5 to increase the chance of dimlets from endermen.

Unfortunately, that is not true at all. I tried diamond spikes as well. They did not drop wither skulls even then. They were as you said: Looting III, reaper V, etc.

My issue here is that beheading wither skeletons in this manner of using a scythe was a thing in Infinity Evolved Skyblock. I just don't see why it would have changed. A bit of consistency is a bit expected by this point. It's still having issues with fake players of any kind not giving drops, and even diamond spikes would not net me wither skeleton skulls. I left it running for hours and didn't receive a single skull from diamond spikes, and tested to make sure the transport of skulls from the spawer to my storage was correct: which it was.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Unfortunately, that is not true at all. I tried diamond spikes as well. They did not drop wither skulls even then. They were as you said: Looting III, reaper V, etc.

My issue here is that beheading wither skeletons in this manner of using a scythe was a thing in Infinity Evolved Skyblock. I just don't see why it would have changed. A bit of consistency is a bit expected by this point. It's still having issues with fake players of any kind not giving drops, and even diamond spikes would not net me wither skeleton skulls. I left it running for hours and didn't receive a single skull from diamond spikes, and tested to make sure the transport of skulls from the spawer to my storage was correct: which it was.

Damn my bad I missed that. Have you checked the config from Extra Utils. Also just because one pack does one thing does not mean the same for other packs.

Kakarifers

Jul 29, 2019
Damn my bad I missed that. Have you checked the config from Extra Utils. Also just because one pack does one thing does not mean the same for other packs.
The Extra Utilities config I put above will allow beheading to work as intended only when a player kills the mob. Fake players still do not work.

And I get that this is one of those "because one pack does it one way that it isn't done this way here", but FTB usually has a pretty set standard on most configs. I just wonder if it was overlooked, or something to that effect.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
The Extra Utilities config I put above will allow beheading to work as intended only when a player kills the mob. Fake players still do not work.

And I get that this is one of those "because one pack does it one way that it isn't done this way here", but FTB usually has a pretty set standard on most configs. I just wonder if it was overlooked, or something to that effect.

FTB just took over the pack but development of the pack was mainly Wyld and Bacon Donut. Unless there is another mod that is causing the issue.

Kakarifers

Jul 29, 2019
FTB just took over the pack but development of the pack was mainly Wyld and Bacon Donut. Unless there is another mod that is causing the issue.
Which makes it even more bizarre because I know Wyld did this same method with Soaryn in FTB Infinity Evolved together (before it was made into a Skyblock variant as well). I don't see why he would've changed the config personally.