Open 2.4.2: [2.5.0]Infinity crashes initializing

G

gfrest

Version:

What is the bug:
When i try to open the game, it starts to loads normally, but after opening the mojang loading screen, after some seconds it crashes. Heres the crashlog:
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Why did you do that?

Time: 24/07/16 18:38
Description: Initializing game

java.lang.NullPointerException: Initializing game
at java.util.Arrays.sort(Unknown Source)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.discovery.DirectoryDiscoverer.exploreFileSystem(DirectoryDiscoverer.java:83)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.discovery.DirectoryDiscoverer.exploreFileSystem(DirectoryDiscoverer.java:89)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.discovery.DirectoryDiscoverer.exploreFileSystem(DirectoryDiscoverer.java:89)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.discovery.DirectoryDiscoverer.discover(DirectoryDiscoverer.java:53)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.discovery.ContainerType.findMods(ContainerType.java:42)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.discovery.ModCandidate.explore(ModCandidate.java:71)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.discovery.ModDiscoverer.identifyMods(ModDiscoverer.java:131)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.identifyMods(Loader.java:364)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:489)
at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:208)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:480)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:878)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
It happens every time i launch FTB Infinity Evolved.

I hope someone can help me. And sorry for bad grammar, english is not my native language, thanks!

Known Fix:
I dont know how to fix this. But i tried to update back to 2.4.2, nothing changed, then back to 2.5.0, it still crashes at this point.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
A nullpointer exception at java Array sorting, huh? Strange, very strange. Then that array is probably empty? But how can it be empty? It should have put several discovered files in that array...

Could you look in your mods folder for any files with suspicious (weird) file names?

G

gfrest

A nullpointer exception at java Array sorting, huh? Strange, very strange. Then that array is probably empty? But how can it be empty? It should have put several discovered files in that array...

Could you look in your mods folder for any files with suspicious (weird) file names?
Thanks for the answer. I took a look in my mods folder, but the only i found strange, was a file called " Patcher ".

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
You said it worked fine before, right?

Could you perhaps back up your save file (copy out from your saves folder to somewhere else) and completely remove and reinstall the modpack?

G

gfrest

You said it worked fine before, right?

Could you perhaps back up your save file (copy out from your saves folder to somewhere else) and completely remove and reinstall the modpack?
Thanks again for the answer, i'll remove and reinstall then, thanks for helping me.

G

gfrest

I hope I'm actually helping
Seems like it worked. Thanks for the help. Plus: I found a corrupted save, i dont know if it has something to do with the error.
But, it doesnt matter cause i deleted the FTB Infnity folder and reinstalled.
Thanks again for helping me.