Open 2.3.3: Manufactory Halo + Division Sigil = Iron exploit [2.3.5]

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
I just came across this exploit. I had my system auto-kill 64 withers for me, which resulted in 64 nether stars, but also 64 division sigils. now there's a recipe where if you put a division sigil in a crafting grid, you'll get a random amount of iron ingots back.

but being the lazy person that I am, I ofcourse wanted to automate it. I remembered that Botania had the assembly halo which allows you to craft recipes with on the fly, so I created one and tried it with the halo. all went pretty well, until I noticed I wasn't actually using up sigils...

I thought it was a problem on my side because one time it'd give me an iron ingot, and the other time it wouldn't, so I had to spam-right-click to get it to work. but I saw Botania also added an automated assembly halo, so let's try that.

aaaaaand oooh boy, there was the exploit. I entered the recipe of the division sigil = x iron ingots into the manufactory halo, and I added 1 division sigil in my inventory. about 1-2 minutes later my inventory was full of iron ingots, but why stop there? so I also added the recipe from 9 iron ingots to 1 iron block, and a few minutes later, my inventory was full of iron blocks, crafting about 1-2 iron blocks per second.

Mod & Version:
Botania r1.8-247 & extrautilities-1.2.12

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
yes, infinitely, with just a manufactory halo and a division sigil.

Known Fix:
none, it seems that botania's halo doesn't recognize that the division recipe should use up the sigil.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
To be frank the halo should not even work with anything but vanilla crafting benches. Can you make unstable ingots with the halo too? That might also be an exploit. Or does it just blow you up?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
To be frank the halo should not even work with anything but vanilla crafting benches. Can you make unstable ingots with the halo too? That might also be an exploit. Or does it just blow you up?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I haven't tried that out yet, I'll probably do that in a creative world :p

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
unstable ingots can be crafted inside the halo's, but you can't set the recipes onto the halo's, because to be able to do that, you need to exit the crafting grid, but as soon as you do that, you'll die.