Open 2.3.3: 2.4.2 Forestry backpacks not accepting whitelisted items

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
Version 2.4.2 (ignore dropdown version, max at 2.3.3)

Hi,

Updated to 2.4.2 from a 2.3.* version today.

Forestry backpacks are accepting very few white-listed items.

For example, after an hour caving:
  • Miners backpack was empty (all the typical ores were in my inventory - had to manually offload to strongbox as I went along)
  • Hunter's was empty
    • ignored spiders eye, zombie flesh ghast tear
  • Digger's backpack only picked up diorite, andesite, granite, marble
    • ignored cobble, gravel, sand, netherack etc
  • Forester's seemed to be okay
    • collected botania, pams, tinkers and bop vegetation just fine

According to the change log
-Forestry 4.2.10.58 was updated.

Unfortunately I didnt backup my configs before updating to 2.4.2 so I cannot suggest what might have changed

cheers, Unworry

Mod & Version:
Forestry 4.2.10.58 (per changelog)

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
confirmation by user Kerazi, who also mentioned this issue today here: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...-discussion-thread.64443/page-20#post-1604850

Kerazi said:
Anyone have any issues with 2.4.2 and Forestry Digger's Pack? I upgraded from 2.3.5, and I wasn't able to put stuff like sand, stone, gravel and cobble. Some of the chisel stuff like Limestone and Marble still work.

Known Fix:

W

WellFed

I'm having the same problem. After upgrading from 2.3.x to 2.4.2 the Miner's Backpack will no longer suck up any items.

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Have you tried removing the configs? When launching FTB Infinity Evolved they should be created again and maybe that'll make the backpacks work.

G

GeeBee

I had this bug and had been watching this thread for days awaiting a fix. I was running *recommended* and got updated, apparently going from version to version the backpack.cfg isn't recreated / deleted, or backed up if you checked *backup configs*. Renaming the backpacks.cfg and letting it regenerate has put them back to proper working order.

theindiandood

Jul 29, 2019
I went through the config (configs/forestry/backpacks.cfg) and changed "S:itemStacks <" to "S:item.stacks < ". I did this by removing everything after the line "S:item.stacks < " till including the line "S:itemStacks <". This way I didn't have to any or check for duplicates in the new way vs the old way. I put my file on pastebin and linked it below. Something that I did not sure if it does or does not affect it is I made a test world with cheats on and used /reload and /reloadConfigs.

backpacks

EDIT: I also uploaded a text version.

Attachments

• backpacks.txt
    35.5 KB · Views: 200

Naddox

Jul 29, 2019
I went through the config (configs/forestry/backpacks.cfg) and changed "S:itemStacks <" to "S:item.stacks < ". I did this by removing everything after the line "S:item.stacks < " till including the line "S:itemStacks <". This way I didn't have to any or check for duplicates in the new way vs the old way. I put my file on pastebin and linked it below. Something that I did not sure if it does or does not affect it is I made a test world with cheats on and used /reload and /reloadConfigs.

backpacks

EDIT: I also uploaded a text version.
This worked for me, good fix.