Open 2.3.3: 2.3.4 - Unable to stay connected passed JourneyMap loading

tekkitan

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
Just upgraded my server to 2.3.4. I am able to connect, but right after connect it disconnects me saying timed out. Trying to reconnect gives me a fatal error. If I restart and rejoin, the process starts over again.

I had to roll back to 2.3.3 which works just fine still.

[20:51:41] [Netty IO #2/INFO] [FML]: Attempting connection with missing mods [] at CLIENT
[20:51:41] [Netty IO #2/INFO] [journeymap]: CLIENT
[20:51:41] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: [Server thread] Server side modded connection established
[20:51:41] [Server thread/INFO] [mcjty.lib.varia.Logging]: SMP: Sync dimensions to client
[20:51:41] [Server thread/INFO]: tekkitan[/x.x.x.x:54335] logged in with entity id 270 at (881.4872923839762, 65.0, 1154.2955062346548)
[20:51:41] [Server thread/INFO]: tekkitan joined the game
[20:51:41] [Server thread/INFO] [EnderCore]: Sending server configs to client for com.enderio.core.common.config.ConfigHandler
[20:51:41] [Server thread/INFO] [AgriCraft]: Sending mutations to player: tekkitan
[20:51:41] [Server thread/INFO] [Waila]: Player EntityPlayerMP['tekkitan'/270, l='world', x=881.49, y=65.00, z=1154.30] connected. Sending ping
[20:51:42] [Server thread/INFO] [mcjty.lib.varia.Logging]: SMP: Player logged in: Sync diminfo to clients
[20:51:42] [Server thread/INFO] [mcjty.lib.varia.Logging]: Sync dimension info to clients!
[20:51:42] [Server thread/INFO] [mcjty.lib.varia.Logging]: Send validation data to the client
[20:51:44] [Server thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [mcjty.lib.preferences.PreferencesProperties:syncToClient:38]: syncToClient: style = STYLE_FLAT_GRADIENT
[20:52:07] [Server thread/INFO]: tekkitan lost connection: TextComponent{text='Disconnected', siblings=[], style=Style{hasParent=false, color=null, bold=null, italic=null, underlined=null, obfuscated=null, clickEvent=null, hoverEvent=null}}
[20:52:07] [Server thread/INFO]: tekkitan left the game

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:

Known Fix:

Reactions: MadCad

Steven Bergstøl

Jul 29, 2019
I had the same issue on my server.
There are no logs with any useful information, but "could" log on once, getting timed out.
Then I get lost connection and fatal error each time after that. Nothing in the logs to indicate as to why.

Backed up mods and config folder, unzipped those folders from the 2.3.4 server zip like I always do.
I checked the other folders and files, but no changes there.

Rolled back to 2.3.3 and that works, so either a mod or config issue between 2.3.3 and 2.3.4.

starg09

Jul 29, 2019
Having the same issue: Log in once, get timed out after a few seconds, then each time I get kicked with "Connection terminated".

Rolling back, we'll wait for a solution to this. Oh, btw I tried making a clean install of infinity, and the same issue happened.

Steven Bergstøl

Jul 29, 2019
Have to add that I also have tried setting up a fresh test server and also completely cleaned out the client folders. same issue with 2.3.4.

micmou

Jul 29, 2019
It does appear to be an interaction between Journeymap and FTB utilities. Removing Journeymap from the client and restarting the client allowed connection to our test server running windows 10 Java 8u_66. Furthermore after adding back in Journeymap the client was able to connect to the server, specifically after loading up single player and exiting, fully with no issues

Client Crash Report
http://pastebin.com/2j4LtmJ3

pauk960

Jul 29, 2019
I have the same issue in 2.3.5 with a clean install (not an update from previous version).

This is the last thing outputted in the server console:
[Server thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [mcjty.lib.preferences.PreferencesProperties:syncToClient:38]: syncToClient: style = STYLE_FLAT_GRADIENT
Killed

I've tried fresh install and copied the world folder from previous installation, no success. I also tried to connect without JourneyMap mod on client as the last person did, that didn't help either.

UPDATE:
The issue seems to be only server related. Every time I start the server, it crashes approx. 3 minutes after the last log message (without any clients connected). Nothing in the logs to identify the problem. I've restored the world from last backup - same thing.

Last edited: