Open 2.2.2: Ritual of draconic awakening does not work

mti_

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
Blow up the heart.
Throw in cores.
Hearts starts spinning and emitting particles.
It does not "charge" the charged blocks.
Heart drops as an item. Charged blocks remain. All cores are lost.

Done it loads of time in different packs, simply wont work for us on Infinity Expert Mode.

Mod & Version:
Expert

cybermind

Jul 29, 2019
I've done it literally 100 times in the past 2 days with no issue. How many cores are you throwing in? How far away are you placing the Charged Draconium Blocks?

Does it work in normal mode Infinity? Expert mode only changes recipes, so it should have no effect on the Awakening Ritual.

Reactions: Booker The Geek
S

Shikyo13

SSP, waited unitl the heart dropped as an entity.

drop heart
explode tnt
heart floats
drop 4 cores
heart absorbs cores
place 4 charged draconium
heart keeps floating
nothing happens
heart drops

cybermind

Jul 29, 2019
Place the charged draconium blocks before throwing in the cores. Also, you need 4 cores for each block. So for 4 blocks, you'd need to throw in 16 cores.

mti_

Jul 29, 2019
I am aware of how the ritual (usually) works.
Placing blocks when heart is already spinning or before starting does not make any difference.
Blocks are placed close by (as in right under the thing).
SMP and I can not/will not switch over to normal mode while server is live.
4 or 16 cores does not matter. If throwing in only 4 it should still convert 1 of the 4 charged blocks.

cybermind

Jul 29, 2019
You're right about when to place the blocks. That does not matter, but I had always done it before throwing the cores and it worked.

However, and I tested this before answering your previous question, if you have between 2-4 blocks on the ground, you *must* throw in at least the right amount of cores (blocks * 4) in or the heart won't awaken any of them (and shoot little particles into them). I tried it with 2, 3, and 4 blocks. They only started awakening once I threw the exact amount of cores into the heart. It didn't care at all that I had placed 4 and threw in 4, 8, or even 12. It only cared when I threw in 16.

mti_

Jul 29, 2019
You're right about when to place the blocks. That does not matter, but I had always done it before throwing the cores and it worked.

However, and I tested this before answering your previous question, if you have between 2-4 blocks on the ground, you *must* throw in at least the right amount of cores (blocks * 4) in or the heart won't awaken any of them (and shoot little particles into them). I tried it with 2, 3, and 4 blocks. They only started awakening once I threw the exact amount of cores into the heart. It didn't care at all that I had placed 4 and threw in 4, 8, or even 12. It only cared when I threw in 16.

You may well be right about the cores. I have never even attempted to make less than 4 blocks at a time because that hardly makes good use of the ressurection ritual.
The issue is persistent across all players on the server hence I doubt its an error in procedure.