Open 2.2.2: Immersive Engineering not properly configured

T

Tabesh

Version:

IE cabling has changed, and there are now individual power settings for cables and connectors. The cables have been set to 32k, but the new setting for connectors has not been upgraded to the new power levels.

ImmersiveEngineering.cfg

Change (under machines, for whatever reason)

# In- and output rates of LV,MV and HV Wire Conenctors. This is independant of the transferrate of the wires.
I:"Wire Connector Input" <
>

to

# In- and output rates of LV,MV and HV Wire Conenctors. This is independant of the transferrate of the wires.
>

to match the upgraded cabling (under general)

# The transfer rates in RF/t for the cable tiers (copper, electrum, HV, Structural Rope & Cable(no transfer) )
I:"Cable transfer rates" <
>

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
The reason for this is that because the transmission of the power (The power lines) is greater than the input/output connectors. Making those values match would result in not being able to run a trunk power line, requiring individual connections between each power source and destination.

Also, I do believe that it is how @BluSunrize wants it unless I am mistaken.

T

Tabesh

I apologize for being uninformed, I thought the 32k transfer was from infinity, since the cables are so important. For the connectors to become so limited immediately seemed an egregious oversight.

That said, I find their limited state does not suit the needs of the pack. 4k may be suitable for IE, but this is not IE. This is a pack with ridiculously large scale power consumption needs. Particularly, the special role of IE's connectors in this pack is to transfer power between RF and EU, and for the EU side of things we have motivation to consume obscene amounts of power, something most definitely not fun to try to "engineer around" at a paltry 4k RF at a time. It is not the fun kind of difficult, it's the arbitrarily limited tedium, eyesore kind of difficult. I love IE cables to death, they're the coolest thing that has happened to minecraft in a while. Let's not make them a source of pain.

Making those values match would result in not being able to run a trunk power line, requiring individual connections between each power source and destination.

This is illogical. Functionality is not gained by reducing capability. Power lines are not more functional by requiring EIGHT connectors on the target objects, they are less functional - very much so. The only power storages I am familiar with that even supports this ridiculous setup are capacitor banks, since you can obtain more faces for the same battery easily. Other batteries need either advanced wizardry to obtain more connections or suffer a cost in transfer capability to support a power-sharing scheme, possibly leading to even more batteries.

By the time you start running into this problem for RF-only applications, it's infinitely easier to link infrastructure wirelessly. It's easier to do so for practical reasons anyway, but if you like IE cables you generally have some of the infrastructure set up from early game and you choose to continue using and upgrading it because the cables are fucking cool and it's nice to have them around. Running a line from one end of my base to the other is a fun thing and helps conceptually segregate areas into functionality while representing that fact visually instead of burying conduits underground or not even bothering and using transmitters and skipping the physical connections completely.

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
@Tabesh I actually sorta agree that the configs could use a little bit of a change. Setting the values so that the connectors either line up as:
  • LV = Bat Box
  • MV =CESU
  • HV = MFE
OR
  • LV = CESU
  • MV = MFE
  • HV = MFSU
The first set could be considered a tweak as in a QoL adjustment, the second more to make it in line with what personally I consider to be in line with Evolved Hard mode. A bit of a buff but not a complete Unrestriction on limits.

As to What those values would be, starting at line 260 in the ImmersiveEngineering.cfg you would need to have it match:
Code:
     >