Open 2.1.2: [Expert] No recipe for Mystcraft Book Binder

Levy

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
Real simple. There is no recipe in NEI when Expert mode is on for creating the Mystcraft Book Binder, which is required for creating descriptive books. Is there some other way we're meant to make this?

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:

Known Fix:

Levy

Jul 29, 2019
If it was disabled on purpose then the crafting option in the Mystcraft config would be set to false, which it is not.

If it was disabled by turning on Expert mode, then where is the Expert mode configs? I want it turned back on.

Pozzle

Jul 29, 2019
My guess as to why that isn't set to false is so that "anyone" can change the mode from Expert to Normal and be able to make the book binder without the actual config files being touched. From what i have seen Expert mode changes recipes and disables recipes it doesn't change configs of specific mods. That is why you can change from Expert to Normal in game.

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
If it was disabled on purpose then the crafting option in the Mystcraft config would be set to false, which it is not.

If it was disabled by turning on Expert mode, then where is the Expert mode configs? I want it turned back on.
\Curse\Instances\FTB Infinity\modpack\expert\scripts\Mystcraft.zs
Seems to be the only file that references disabling the book binder recipe.
Code:
#remove book binder
recipes.remove(<Mystcraft:BlockBookBinder>);
Deleting or putting a # symbol in front of the relevant line should do it.
As per the usual, make backups, and I won't be held responsible if doing this causes any damages up to and including the collapse of reality.

Levy

Jul 29, 2019
\Curse\Instances\FTB Infinity\modpack\expert\scripts\Mystcraft.zs
Seems to be the only file that references disabling the book binder recipe.
Code:
#remove book binder
recipes.remove(<Mystcraft:BlockBookBinder>);
Deleting or putting a # symbol in front of the relevant line should do it.
As per the usual, make backups, and I won't be held responsible if doing this causes any damages up to and including the collapse of reality.
Would that fix it on servers then, too? Like enable it on the server end and the recipe becomes available to everyone who connects again?

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Would that fix it on servers then, too? Like enable it on the server end and the recipe becomes available to everyone who connects again?
Not a clue. pretty sure it will. shut down the server. change the relevant file. restart the server. After the time flux field disturbance dies down everything should be fine. At least with the game. Body part misplacement has been know to happen in such circumstances. Could find you self talking out of your anus. Happened to me a few times at least. If it works at all that is. At least talking shit will no longer be a problem I would think.

Bomberman2010

Jul 29, 2019
where is the challenge in expert if you have mystcraft? if you want create new world try RFTools.... this need power :D

mti_

Jul 29, 2019
Client recipes are sync'd to server options afaik.
So enabling the setting server-side should be enough.
Ppl are right in pointing out that you are supposed to use RFTools tho, which are fully implemented into the rebalance (-> resonant machine frames).