Open 2.1.0: Traveler's Gloves Crashes Client

Semish

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
Traveler's Glove crashes client

Recipe was recently changed so that might be the issue.

I managed to craft it the glove in vanilla minecraft crafting table and not the tool station or tinker table.

Mod & Version:
Tinker's construct

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
Crashes Client when in crafting grid to apply redstone on it, and also crashed when crafting in the tinker's construct crafting table.

Known Fix:

Last edited:

thefatgiant

Jul 29, 2019
I CANNOT put my newly crafted traveller's gloves into the tool station/forge anymore after newest update which changed the recipes.

I WANT TO PUT REDSTONE ON IT :((((

I sure hope this gets resolved fast, or if someone could hit me up with a work-around for now.

cybermind

Jul 29, 2019
I figured out the reason behind this bug and posted a bug report to Tinkers Construct. Naturally, they passed the buck onto the Infinity crew to fix.

Here is my TC bug report: https://github.com/SlimeKnights/TinkersConstruct/issues/1808

Here is a possibly-fixed MineTweaker config for TinkersConstruct.zs: https://gist.github.com/thecybermind/4a1f3fc820abcf75f338

I am unsure if that is the correct format for specifying various NBT types (integer vs float vs boolean) in MineTweaker but I left the appropriate code from Tinkers Construct as a comment to help whoever might fix this.

For now, workarounds:
  • give the item in creative (for example, with NEI)
  • switch to normal mode to craft and then switch back to expert mode
  • to just stop it from crashing, you can rename the item in an anvil and then optionally undo it (leaving the anvil's text field blank). You still can't modify the item, but it won't cause a crash anymore

Reactions: Watchful11

cybermind

Jul 29, 2019
I just tested and fixed my linked MineTweaker script. The 4 equippable armor pieces have a different base NBT tag and default data than the glove and belt which is now reflected in TinkersConstruct.zs. They craft correctly and do not crash in the tool station.

Note: the fixed script will only work if used on the server (or if you play single player).

Also note: renaming the belt in the anvil actually allows it to work but has no effect (other than preventing a crash) on any other Traveller piece.

Last edited:

GarlicInYourEye

Jul 29, 2019
This wasn't a problem w/ the Evolved pack upon first release. When Tfox nerfed the glove recipe this bug seemed to appear after that update.

Unfortunately, I can't even load my game now without it crashing.

cybermind

Jul 29, 2019
This wasn't a problem w/ the Evolved pack upon first release. When Tfox nerfed the glove recipe this bug seemed to appear after that update.

Unfortunately, I can't even load my game now without it crashing.
Can you post a crash log from the crash you get upon joining the game? Nothing should crash until you open a tool forge/station (or crafting station near a tool station) that contains a bugged pair of gloves. Also, if it's single player, or you run a server, you can try using my modified TinkersConstruct.zs script file (in Curse/Instances/Infinity Evolved/modpack/expert/scripts/) from a few posts up.

GarlicInYourEye

Jul 29, 2019
Can you post a crash log from the crash you get upon joining the game? Nothing should crash until you open a tool forge/station (or crafting station near a tool station) that contains a bugged pair of gloves. Also, if it's single player, or you run a server, you can try using my modified TinkersConstruct.zs script file (in Curse/Instances/Infinity Evolved/modpack/expert/scripts/) from a few posts up.

I had to completely close the client and my world was able to reload once reloading. Below is the crash report that I got when trying to restart my game after putting the glove into the tool station.

Attachments

• crash-2015-11-18_12.59.47-client.txt
    44.5 KB · Views: 89