Open 2.1.0: (2.2.2) Jump Boost III effect not removed client-side.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Version:

What is the bug:
I visited a Slime Island and whilst on that island the Jump Boost III effect was somehow applied to my character in single-player, the effect timer counted down to 0:00 and wouldn't remove itself or it's effects client-side. Drinking milk from a bottle did not appear to remove this effect, although it was gone after relogging, and not long after drinking the milk. It's unknown if this effect was removed by the milk or by the action of relogging.

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
The persistence of Jump Boost III certainly was repeating itself client-side, however, I haven't tested whether visiting a Slime Island was the cause of it, nor if it's repeatable. I also don't know if this effect actually has anything to do with Slime Islands formed in worldgen. Therefore I'm not certain it's repeatable as I don't know the exact circumstances that made the bug possible in the first place.

I've also not specified a mod for this bug report as I don't know if it's a vanilla client/server desync issue, or if there's a mod interaction somewhere here, and I did not get a crash report, so I only have the fact that it's a bug that might kill you as I was able to take fall damage client-side whilst under this effect until some action removed it.

Known Fix:
As this appears to be a client side effect that didn't properly remove itself until after I relogged, the temporary workaround I'd recommend is to relog.