10k coolant cells and Liquid transposers

smoer120

Jul 29, 2019
You're supposed to (according to NEI) be able to make 10k coolant cells directly from tin cans without using the extra 4 tin. What I wonder is what liquid is it that is displayed in NEI?

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
It is crushed ice from forestry, the problem is that you need ice shards for that, and those only come from icy and glacial bees. Which there isn't much information about, I've never tried myself, but from what I've heard, you can get icy from wintry + cultivated in a cold biome, and then glacial from wintry + icy.

Or something to that effect anyway. Those bees are in normal forestry, you don't need extra bees, although the wiki doesn't mention them. (which is another point which adds to the confusion surrounding them)

I'm personally unsure if it's worth the bother.

Zerren

Jul 29, 2019
It's actually NOT crushed ice. It's an unnamed liquid that is added by IC2 that is made when you put a 10K/30K/60K coolant cell into a Buildcraft Combustion Engine (5x coolant of water, 1/2 of Crushed Ice). You can somehow extract that liquid from the coolant cells.

Darkblock306

Jul 29, 2019
The liquid is indeed IC2 coolant, and I THINK you can get it from the liquid transposer. Its only purpose is cooling engines. Crushed ice CAN be used as a coolant in engines as well.

The Heresiarch

Jul 29, 2019
As Darkblock said, the liquid is called Coolant and it can indeed be generated from the Liquid Transposer -- this can be confirmed easily by searching for it in NEI.

(Edit: Should clarify -- you can search for Coolant in NEI to confirm that it's called that, and you can see that it's made in Liquid Transposers by searching for coolant cells and right-clicking to bring up the recipes using them.)

Reactions: Darkblock306