1 year anniversary

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
Guess it's time to make one of these?

I started playing modded in late 2012. I used to play strictly on SMP servers, but have not in a while. I'm fairly good at ingame market "games," I enjoy working with bees, and I'm only recently starting to dabble in magic mods. The other games I play include Civilization, DayZ, Battlefield, and Pandemic 2 (at work).

Out of game I'm 32 in Los Angeles. I enjoy backpacking, cycling, gardening, and making beer. My favorite book is Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut. This is my favorite beer currently. Pie. If you're still reading this I question your sanity.

Take it easy FTB forum

Reactions: PhantomRage

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
This is my favorite beer currently
That reminds me, I really wish I liked good beer. Although, it'd be a lot more expensive, it'd probably feel better than Rainier, PBR, Olde English, and Colt 45. Though I am very into cider and perry (Crispin, Strongbow, Redds, 2 Towns, Wyders, etc.)

Oh and happy 1 year and stuff.

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
That reminds me, I really wish I liked good beer. Although, it'd be a lot more expensive, it'd probably feel better than Rainier, PBR, Olde English, and Colt 45. Though I am very into cider and perry (Crispin, Strongbow, Redds, 2 Towns, Wyders, etc.)

Oh and happy 1 year and stuff.
That's silly, everybody that drinks beer likes good beer. The trick is not to drink exclusively good, or cheap beer.

One pint is good for beginners. For absolute beginning, just find a pint that looks interesting, pour it into a wide mouth glass, and drink a PBR while you let it breathe, then sip on it once you finish your warmup beer. As you gain beer knowledge you'll learn which beers actually like to be served at warmer temperatures, and other crazy things like that. I ran across a Polish porter that tastes like dark chocolate when you serve it at room temperature, and tastes of absolute ass while cold.

Incidentally, my go-to are PBR or Highlife. :p

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
That's silly, everybody that drinks beer likes good beer. The trick is not to drink exclusively good, or cheap beer.

One pint is good for beginners. For absolute beginning, just find a pint that looks interesting, pour it into a wide mouth glass, and drink a PBR while you let it breathe, then sip on it once you finish your warmup beer. As you gain beer knowledge you'll learn which beers actually like to be served at warmer temperatures, and other crazy things like that. I ran across a Polish porter that tastes like dark chocolate when you serve it at room temperature, and tastes of absolute ass while cold.
Or I could just continue to drink cheap beer, malt liquor, and nice cider/perry :p
Incidentally, my go-to are PBR or Highlife. :p
I suppose you'd be a fan of the bottom drawer of my desk then :p

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/132/56973/

Though I do admit I've been on kind of a rogue boycott since they bottled their white whale ale....... Adjuncts added simply for novelty, that do not effect flavor, but in large enough volume could potentially be toxic are not quit my thing. I have yet to decide if I'm going to forgive them that atrocity.

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
just picked up Trappiste Rochefort 10, Piraat, Stone smoked porter, and one of those oatmeal stouts.

Drinking the stout now, honestly I'm anticipating the Rochefort. Havent had it since Copenhagen.