[1.7.10]Alone in the Dark Chapter I [HQM][RPG][Beta]

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
if nobody report any bug ill update the pack to 1.0.1 the Monday.
Since you asked.... :p

Its not a bug but more about balance... I like the essence bricks concept, force you to kill mobs and stuff but... They kinda need a balance!
If you play on hard(I always play on hard), no way you are going outside killing stuff! I just die in 10 seconds. Fishing zombies, nasty spiders and the sudden creeper that was behind the tree, no chance of go hunting! So... you have to rely on mob farms and auto-spawner/grinders. If you follow the quest book and not build stuff ahead of time, you will only be able to rely on mob farms for a long time.
And this is the problem! Mob farms are way inefficient, since its dark outside, every place is a spawnnable place and you dont have torchs to just torch 8 chunk radious around you! And then, you have the caves... 'Torch slabbing' the caves is kinda doable, but slabbing the whole surface is impossible and suicidal!

So... maybe tweak the smeltery recipe to need less mob drops to make the essence? And/or maybe, add zombie awareness or a similar mod that makes mobs be more aggressive on you, so the mob 60 blocks away will try to pathfind you and fall on some cleaver trap making the farming easier.

Currently, if the mob is like 10 blocks away from you(creepers) or if he doesnt have a clean sight of you, he will ignore you. Would love if they were smarter and try to get to my house(hole) and just fall on the open trapdoors I have at the entrance but they only do that if they are almost on top of me.

The way it is now, it forces players to wait hours for mobs to come and die so you could have enough mob essence to build the stuff. I feel the 7-8 hours I played yesterday, 90% of the time was waiting for mobs and slowly slabing every cave near my 'base' so I could increase the mob spawn rate around my traps...

Or I could just be missing the obvious way of doing it, for which I would be very happy if someone throw me a few tips!

thekazador

Jul 29, 2019
Since you asked.... :p

Its not a bug but more about balance... I like the essence bricks concept, force you to kill mobs and stuff but... They kinda need a balance!
If you play on hard(I always play on hard), no way you are going outside killing stuff! I just die in 10 seconds. Fishing zombies, nasty spiders and the sudden creeper that was behind the tree, no chance of go hunting! So... you have to rely on mob farms and auto-spawner/grinders. If you follow the quest book and not build stuff ahead of time, you will only be able to rely on mob farms for a long time.
And this is the problem! Mob farms are way inefficient, since its dark outside, every place is a spawnnable place and you dont have torchs to just torch 8 chunk radious around you! And then, you have the caves... 'Torch slabbing' the caves is kinda doable, but slabbing the whole surface is impossible and suicidal!

So... maybe tweak the smeltery recipe to need less mob drops to make the essence? And/or maybe, add zombie awareness or a similar mod that makes mobs be more aggressive on you, so the mob 60 blocks away will try to pathfind you and fall on some cleaver trap making the farming easier.

Currently, if the mob is like 10 blocks away from you(creepers) or if he doesnt have a clean sight of you, he will ignore you. Would love if they were smarter and try to get to my house(hole) and just fall on the open trapdoors I have at the entrance but they only do that if they are almost on top of me.

The way it is now, it forces players to wait hours for mobs to come and die so you could have enough mob essence to build the stuff. I feel the 7-8 hours I played yesterday, 90% of the time was waiting for mobs and slowly slabing every cave near my 'base' so I could increase the mob spawn rate around my traps...

Or I could just be missing the obvious way of doing it, for which I would be very happy if someone throw me a few tips!

im going to add zombie awareness on the next update (little nerfed), im planing to add some mod that only add traps for mobs too, suggestions are appreciated.

Ignus108

Jul 29, 2019
BUG: Whenever I try to bring back blocks (netherrack, soul sand, quartz,etc.) that I had mined from the Nether, my game crashes. (I tried putting them in an ender chest and using the /kill command (with keepInventory set to "true"), but for whatever reason, if they're in my inventory when I go through the portal, my game crashes.)

Craig bruyson

Jul 29, 2019
just downloaded and played in hardcore. World six now. dug a hole and hid.
Loving the "OH SHIT, WHAT NOW" Factor of the pack.
the Lore and concept of future pack intrigues me

PurpleY3t1

Jul 29, 2019
Please update soon. I want to see what is done with this pack and sorta hate all the waiting to get off of the first update. Also I feel like this pack has been forgot about partially.

PurpleY3t1

Jul 29, 2019
Do villages spawn or not? I've been wandering a while havent seen a single one :p
I do not think they spawn. They have torches built into their spawning so that would kinda mess with some of the modpack which makes me think thkazador disabled them. Sorry

agenta07

Jul 29, 2019
i finished both bone pick quests but it didint count so i did /hqm edit and shift clicked after
completeing