Open 1.7.0: [Infinity Evolved 2.0.0] Nether biome in overworld

Calech

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
Using the default worldgen I discovered an Undergarden biome in the middle of an overworld forest, complete with netherrack, imp spawns, and the usual Nether things.

Looking at the config files for Biomes O' Plenty it seems there are several ID conflicts within the file, with several biomes sharing IDs.

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
Download clean copy of Infinity - once installed the ID conflicts can be verified in the /configs/biomesoplenty/ids.cfg file, alternatively generate any new world and you should find small sections of Undergarden biome typically inside Seasonal Forest biomes.

Known Fix:
The following biome IDs need to be changed in the configs to prevent conflicts; the configs autogenerated by BOP will not contain these conflicts, however the modified config supplied with Infinity 2.0.0 does. (Verified with a 'clean install' of Infinity 2.0.0)

57: Dense Forest & Fen
58: Eucalyptus Forest & Flower Field
69: Land of Lakes & Lush Swamp
109: Land of Lakes Marsh & Spruce Woods
99: Mangrove & Xeric Shrubland
114: Seasonal Forest Clearing & Undergarden (this is the most 'serious' issue as it spawns a Nether biome outside of the Nether)

Reactions: EchoingZen

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
Can confirm. Same issue with fresh install from FTB launcher. Undergarden biome generated in the overworld.

Texaporta

Jul 29, 2019
Had this as well, thought it was awesome. Undergarden is annoying in Nether, but nice in Overworld. I only had one small patch of it that I found though.

Michelle123

Jul 29, 2019
I am a single player on my own server. When I downloaded 2.0.0, everything worked well. The only thing I noticed was that Aroma saving was replaced. Today I just upgraded to 2.0.1.

When I went in game, nether mobs were spawning in the overworld- switched to peaceful and back to normal- nether mobs still spawning in the overworld. I have reverted to 2.0.0; have not yet discovered the above listed biomes which spawn the nether in the overworld but will change the config id's to prevent that bug. If anyone has a fix for the issue of nether mobs spawning in the overworld in version 2.0.1 please advise. Thanks!

Calech

Jul 29, 2019
So, version 2.0.1 is out and it appears that it is fixed. Can someone confirm?

Configs in 2.0.2 look okay, so this issue should be resolved now (haven't confirmed in-game, and obviously any already-generated biomes are stuck as they are - the ID for Undergarden hasn't changed)

I am a single player on my own server. When I downloaded 2.0.0, everything worked well. The only thing I noticed was that Aroma saving was replaced. Today I just upgraded to 2.0.1.

When I went in game, nether mobs were spawning in the overworld- switched to peaceful and back to normal- nether mobs still spawning in the overworld. I have reverted to 2.0.0; have not yet discovered the above listed biomes which spawn the nether in the overworld but will change the config id's to prevent that bug. If anyone has a fix for the issue of nether mobs spawning in the overworld in version 2.0.1 please advise. Thanks!

I haven't tried 2.0.1 (2.0.2 was released shortly before I launched FTB again), but this sounds like a biome ID issue again - something similar happened to me previously when I updated but forgot to change my (customised, to fix the worldgen issues back then) config files a few versions ago. Try updating to 2.0.2 as this may fix it; otherwise, check the displayed biome type (in F3 or under Journeymap by default settings) matches the biome you're in.