Open 1.6.1: Ridiculous server lag on updating to FTB infinity 1.6.1

AquaLordTyphon

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:

I have been running a FTB Infinity server for a while now with no major server tickrate lag. However, as soon as I updated to 1.6.1, the server started freezing every few seconds - the console is spammed with skipping 45 ticks (which doesn't sound too bad, but equates to all mobs teleporting every second).
I am running the server on my own computer, which is a pretty decent machine - 8GB of ram, intel i5 processor, Nvidia GTX 680 graphics card and windows 8.1.
I know that running the server and the client on the same machine is bad, but I never had any problems before 1.6.1
Hope someone can help with this, as I really don't want to have to play on the old version of all the mods.

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:

Known Fix:

iTpyn

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe Mystcraft is "baking a cake" (profiling) atm? Try waiting for some time

AquaLordTyphon

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe Mystcraft is "baking a cake" (profiling) atm? Try waiting for some time
Unfortunately I've had the server open for about an hour and it's still lagging, there are quite a few mystcraft worlds on the server, but as I say, they were running fine before the update.

AquaLordTyphon

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, left the server running for a total of 8 hours - still lagging. I deleted all the mystcraft files from the world folder - still lagging, so I guess it's not mystcraft. Any other ideas? The console doesn't complain when there is no-one on the server, not sure if that's significant.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
To rule out mystcraft entirely, backup then remove the mod and see if it's still laggy... My server also went a bit crazy updating from 1.4.1 to 1.6.2, rebooting my AE system seemed to fix it

Player

Jul 29, 2019
You'd have to leave MC running for a while and then restart without deleting any files for it to be in a potentially better state.

If the Mystcraft profiling doesn't finish and your CPU usage goes towards 100% on all cores it's likely that you have either too little RAM, too little RAM assigned (as heap/-Xmx) or mods are leaking memory.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
I play a personal pack with many of infinity's mods and recently started having lag problems after updating. I eventually tried downgrading fastcraft to 1.19 and it really seemed to help.