Open 1.4.1: Repetitive chunk errors in a certain strip

macks2008

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
On 2 occasions, after (by going south until the chunks are out of view-distance) unloading the strip of chunks that spans from east to west and is immediately south of where the compass points, said chunks would not load again, even if one attempts to refresh chunks by pressing F3 + A. I don't know if moving away from the chunks and then moving back has a chance to fix it, but, as stated below, unloading the world resets the chunks.

Mod & Version:
N/A

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:
the paste site is offline, so I was unable to host my log that way, and it's too big for pastebin (I had a lot of sessions of the game in the same log, and I rarely reboot my computer or any of the programs it's running). I will, however, try to host, via Google Drive, a .log file containing what the log window put on my clipboard, in raw ASCII format.
Edit:Google Drive share link

Can it be repeated:
Apparently, yes. On two occasions, it was the same exact strip of chunks. I haven't actually gone out of my way to reproduce it, but it's not exactly a pressing matter for me, given how fast I can reload my world. This information is more or less

Known Fix:
Unloading and reloading the world, naturally. This seems to fix it until it happens again (possibly randomly) by repeating the steps above.

Last edited:

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
This is indeed a known problem without a fix. It has been in Minecraft for a long time already. Relogging is the only fix for now.

macks2008

Jul 29, 2019
I figured it was probably something without a fix, as I've seen something like it before, it's just this time I happened to notice that it was on the line of chunks in line with the world spawn. Anyway, I guess this thread is due to be closed. I guess I'll see if I can revive a no-doubt-existent JIRA thread on this problem.