Open 1.4.1: Headcrumb overspawning progwml6 and not despawning

hikyuuri

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
For some reason, the Headcrumb mod is spawning progwml6 mobs, and they are not despawning or dieing like other mobs.

As such, my mob count on the server is super high, and it actually crashes my server (lag out). It is only the Progwml6 mob that is spawning and doing this.

Here are some screenshots of the problem in game:
2015-05-10_15.04.30.png

Large cluster of them in small area

2015-05-10_15.29.16.png

Look at the mini-map, they are just everywhere.

I have a video recorded to YouTube showing and better explaining the problem, which can be found here -

Mod & Version:
Headcrumbs

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:

Known Fix:

Last edited:

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Odd. There is only one entity in Headcrumbs, and that is the "Celebrity". Something is interfering with its normal spawning mechanisms if it's only using one specific skin.

Are you using any mods to alter mob spawning?

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

hikyuuri

Jul 29, 2019
This is a "vanilla" FTB Infinity mod pack, I have added no extra mods (other than DynMap), nor have I changed any config settings (other than trying to make headcrumbs stop spawning entirely). I even tried commenting out the progwml6 name from the config of head crumbs, and yet he keeps spawning!

I'm almost to the point of just disabling the headcrumbs mod, but I worry that it may corrupt stuff since it will remove items and blocks from the game (heads).

kinmanps

Jul 29, 2019
If you want to disable the FTB mobs you can go into the headcrumbs.cfg file find where it says:

B:"Enable celebrity mobs"=true

Then switch true to false and you shouldn't get anymore FTB mobs but everything else should work.

Master_Builder_800

Jul 29, 2019
Meh, thats nice and all but really? heads? and besides the statues are completely pointless, and in my opinion don't even look that good. and if he decides he wants them later just put it back in, its not that hard.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
I know it is not that hard but I only gave a reason why you might not want to disable it. another reason why he might not want to disable it is if he plays on a server but I don't think that is the case.

Master_Builder_800

Jul 29, 2019
well yes but i'm just saying he wanted to get rid of the head crumb guys and this is probably the easiest way to get rid of them(short of maybe the /kill @e{type=Whatever})

kinmanps

Jul 29, 2019
A lot of the Ender IO recipes need heads. You could use wither skulls for most of them or make other heads with wither skulls, but its really not that hard to change the config file.

hikyuuri

Jul 29, 2019
I tried changing the config file, but it did not de-spawn the ones that were already in the server.

I just ended up disabling the mod. They have gone away, but I noticed something new.

Even after disabling the mod, vanilla mobs were not spawning at night (zombies, creepers, etc). Animals were spawning fine during the day though. I went down into my cave system below my base (chunk loaded), and found a whole bunch of zombies in the caves (quite possibly enough to fill the mob cap for 5 to 6 people).

So, it looks like the despawning issue is not related to the Headcrumbs mod, but something else entirely. I just happened to have a bunch of the progwml6 mobs everywhere (which I still find interesting that at the time, it was only them).

Does anyone else use chunk loaders on their server? Have they noticed odd number of mobs that are not despawning? Like I said, this is a vanilla FTB server, other than DynMap being added and disabling Headcrumbs (added .disabled to the jar filename).

Just throwing this out there, is it possible this is happening to people and they just don't realize it? Apparently, in 1.5.1, there is an issue with the servers restarting themselves every hour or so (more or less). Is it possible this is happening to multiple people and they just don't realize that mobs are not despawning from caves and such?