1.4.1: ConcurrentModificationException on chunk unload with Trash Can + Deep Storage Unit

VanDerProtofsky

Jul 29, 2019
If an Extra Utilities Trash Can is placed next to a MineFactoryReloaded Deep Storage Unit within the same chunk, that chunk will throw a non-fatal ConcurrentModificationException on unload.

Tested and reproducible on:
  • Direwolf 1.7.10 1.3.0 Multiplayer
  • Direwolf 1.7.10 1.4.1 Single player
Exception log:
https://gist.githubusercontent.com/...7e16be2749e76c652406114181e9870/gistfile1.txt

Reproduction:
  1. Open Direwolf20 1.3.0/1.3.1/1.4.0/1.4.1 with console
  2. In a creative cheats-enabled flatland world, press F9 twice to display chunk boundaries
  3. Within the same chunk, place a Trash Can and Deep Storage Unit together
  4. Open the main menu with ESC to save the world, then close the main menu
  5. Whilst in the same chunk as the Trash Can and DSU, look all the way down and execute command `/cofh unloadchunk`
  6. Observe the console; an exception will be dumped without a date/time and without crashing the game

Known Fixes:
It appears that a later version of Forge, Extra Utilities or MineFactoryReloaded fixes this issue. I am unable to identify a commit, changelog or issue on any of these mods related to this issue.

Rationale for reporting:
I was unable to reproduce the issue in an instance of 1.7.10 with only the following mods:
  • CoFHCore-[1.7.10]3.0.2-283.jar
  • extrautilities-1.2.5.jar
  • MineFactoryReloaded-[1.7.10]2.8.1B1-113.jar
Additionally, on Direwolf 1.4.1 Singleplayer, I tested other void storage and storage unit combinations to identify whether the Trash Can or DSU individually are the issue. I was unable to reproduce the issue with this setup: http://i.imgur.com/ES5jImS.png
  1. Trash can surrounded by TE4 Cache, Binnie's Compartment, JABBA with hopper facade & Ender Chest
  2. Deep Storage Unit with BC void pipe, BC powered wooden pipe + void pipe, TE4 Nullifier and RailCraft Void Chest
Because of this, I feel this is a modpack issue and not appropriate to report on the mod's individual issue trackers.