Open 1.4.0: [1.5.0/1.5.1] Freezes During Startup 90% Of The Time

Reitmeyer

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
I've been playing Infinity 1.4.0 for about a month on a private server, and the server recently updated to 1.5.0. After I allowed the FTB launcher to also update, it hangs while starting Minecraft about 90% of the time now. There is no crash log because there is no actual crash. It simply hangs and clicking in the main Minecraft window gives the usual Windows "Java is not responding" popup, and the only thing to do is kill the process. I'm including the log file from such a freeze and a screenshot of the loading screen, and I've noticed it always stops at a particular error every time the startup freezes. After some testing, I have found that it only does so on the 1.5.0 and 1.5.1 versions of Infinity. 1.4.1 and older, as well as the newest Direwolf20 pack start up fine.

The weird part is that about 10% of the time, it will continue to load right past the error and start up successfully. The error is still in the log file when it succeeds like this, but the startup continues regardless once in a while. When it does complete startup, the game is playable just like normal, and all the features of the modpack seem to be intact with no other issues. It's just that restarting a dozen times to try to get it to complete isn't really viable. I've also confirmed with a friend that he does not have any problems starting up with 1.5.0 or 1.5.1.

I'm running the latest edition of Java 8 on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. Please ask if you need any other information.

Screenshot of loading screen. Note that the hammer and anvil symbol continues spinning even though clicking anywhere gives me the "Not Responding" dialogue.

Mod & Version:
Infinity 1.5.0/1.5.1

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:
http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/88cd6efc
Started up and running successfully:
http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/647101ac

Can it be repeated:
Happens roughly 90% of the time when launching Infinity 1.5.0 or 1.5.1 in FTB.

Known Fix:

Last edited:

Kurama

Jul 29, 2019
Do NOT poke the loading screen at all -.-
Let it load at least 4 min.

Reitmeyer

Jul 29, 2019
That was the first item on the list that I tried. After waiting approximately 10 minutes system still proceeded to hang.

EDIT: Since it seems to be related to the sound system, I'm using the onboard sound chip for my motherboard, the ALC1150. Is it possible there is a catch between that chip and the new version of Forge? I've noticed this is only an issue with the new Forge in Infinity 1.5/1.5.1. Are there any other modpacks using the new Forge loader that I could test?

Last edited:

Blazin39

Jul 29, 2019
I'm also getting this problem, but it happens 100% of the time :\ Is there a solution for this problem yet? I am the only one on my server that can't seem to log in.

Sxvex

Jul 29, 2019
I've had this problem too. From my trouble shooting it seems to happen when i am watching videos online whilst loading FTB. Works after i shut down the page with the video which could mean that there is a conflict somewhere with java.

Hope this helps