1.3.0: Thermal Foundation ingots and dusts set to share same item ID. (1.3.1)

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Version:

What is the bug:
Please ignore the version number, as this is incorrect, it's actually the 1.3.1 version of this modpack.

There is a bug with all Thermal Foundation ores and ingots in that they're all set to share the same item ID, which makes filtering them almost impossible.

I have tried everything I can think of but the Thermal Foundation servos and item filters still see that mod's ingots and dusts as the same type, and therefore filter them to the same place. This is because they both share the same item ID.

Mod & Version:
Thermal Foundation

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
I can most definitely repeatedly filter the same incorrect items to the wrong places.

Known Fix:
I propose that the modpack maintainer set the Thermal Foundation ingots and dusts to have different item ID's than each other so that they do not share the same item ID and thus no longer conflict with each other and will no longer be sent to the wrong destination by Thermal Foundation itemducts.

An error like this error is a pretty serious error, and I would also like the modpack maintainer to contact Direwolf20 to make sure he's been informed of the fix.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
They all have different metadata values.

Wow they really must not want to make it easy to sort dusts from ingots. Apparently Thermal Expansion can't do wildcard matches, and filter *any* dust or ingot using one dust or ingot as an example on which to filter, they instead want to have one filter using a rather large filtering interface. Previously, this was possible with some mods.

Way overcomplicated, if you ask me, I prefer filtering systems which recognize dusts for what they are, and just can send them down one pipe without me having to spend time gathering and configuring each individual dust to get them sorted properly.

This means I have to use 3x as much chests to actually pull dusts out and sort them properly when I really shouldn't have to.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Wow they really must not want to make it easy to sort dusts from ingots. Apparently Thermal Expansion can't do wildcard matches, and filter *any* dust or ingot using one dust or ingot as an example on which to filter, they instead want to have one filter using a rather large filtering interface. Previously, this was possible with some mods.

Way overcomplicated, if you ask me, I prefer filtering systems which recognize dusts for what they are, and just can send them down one pipe without me having to spend time gathering and configuring each individual dust to get them sorted properly.

This means I have to use 3x as much chests to actually pull dusts out and sort them properly when I really shouldn't have to.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Im pretty sure you are doing something wrong. I havent played around much with the new itemducts but I do know they have lots of advanced filtering mechanics such as ignore metadata. Besides why do you even need to sort your dusts, when you could have them go straight into the furnace?

Reactions: lenscas