1.2.1: Direwolf20 1.7.10(v1.2.1) horrible lag

Dain

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
I was able to play this pack at 200fps+ but now whenever I start a new world its fine for a while but after awhile my fps will just keep dropping and dropping. When I enter the nether the game almost crashes and takes forever to load.http://puu.sh/hckuc/8554db748b.jpg and my pc specs: http://puu.sh/hckFP/63b3a54dbc.png. I have dedicated 8GB of RAM to the game and I am running this java http://puu.sh/hckJ1/6964fdf299.png. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks

Almost forgot when I use a crafting table I drop done to almost 1fps in short bursts.

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:

Known Fix:

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have either fastcraft, Journeymap, or AromaBackup in your mods? If no on the first, and yes on the rest, you should download fastcraft and add it via the launcher, and then disable Journeymap and update Aromabackup. If that all doesn't work or you've already done it, then please post your entire console log and we'll see what's going on with the rest of the mods.

Cixxar

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have either fastcraft, Journeymap, or AromaBackup in your mods? If no on the first, and yes on the rest, you should download fastcraft and add it via the launcher, and then disable Journeymap and update Aromabackup. If that all doesn't work or you've already done it, then please post your entire console log and we'll see what's going on with the rest of the mods.

You can see that Fastcraft is running on the screen shots.

Anyway i have the same problem. We used to be able to play 10 or more at the same time on the server. now it lags for just 1. the console spams XXXXms behind....
no clue what to do.

Dain

Jul 29, 2019
I updated all the mods that were out of date one at a time it didn't help. I disabled journeymap didn't help at all. Here is the general problem that the console shows:
[20:54:53] [Server thread/WARN]: Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded? Running 7516ms behind, skipping 150 tick(s)
[20:55:12] [Server thread/INFO] [NEIAddons]: World changed, resetting
[20:55:12] [Server thread/WARN]: Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded? Running 7110ms behind, skipping 142 tick(s)
[20:55:32] [Server thread/WARN]: Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded? Running 7356ms behind, skipping 147 tick(s)
[20:55:50] [Server thread/WARN]: Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded? Running 6229ms behind, skipping 124 tick(s)
[20:55:54] [Server thread/INFO] [NEIAddons]: World changed, resetting
[20:55:54] [Server thread/INFO] [NEIAddons]: World changed, resetting
[20:56:04] [Server thread/WARN]: Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded? Running 5127ms behind, skipping 102 tick(s)
[20:56:08] [Client thread/WARN] [journeymap]: Icon Set asset not found: /assets/journeymap/icon/entity/2D/thaumcraft/textures/models/pech_thaum.png
[20:56:09] [Server thread/INFO] [NEIAddons]: World changed, resetting
[20:56:09] [Server thread/INFO] [NEIAddons]: World changed, resetting
[20:56:21] [Server thread/WARN]: Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded? Running 5930ms behind, skipping 118 tick(s)
[20:56:28] [Server thread/INFO] [NEIAddons]: World changed, resetting
[20:56:40] [Server thread/WARN]: Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded? Running 6799ms behind, skipping 135 tick(s)

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Humm... Not the usual suspects then.
Now, I've heard a couple of the pack devs say that if something is leaking, giving it more ram makes it worse, hence why they suggest 4gbs instead of more.
When did the giant lag start? Do you remember changing anything at that point?

Dain

Jul 29, 2019
Humm... Not the usual suspects then.
Now, I've heard a couple of the pack devs say that if something is leaking, giving it more ram makes it worse, hence why they suggest 4gbs instead of more.
When did the giant lag start? Do you remember changing anything at that point?
I can play fine without problems for a few minutes then it just goes crazy lag even if I am just standing still. The lag started when I updated to 1.2.0 - 1.2.1 can't test it with old worlds because I deleted them all. Hopefully in the next pack update the issue gets resolved.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Why would you delete them all? XD
Also, they can't resolve it if they don't know what's wrong in the first place. So far all we have is the F3 menu and your pc/java specs, so let's get some more info. To wit;
-Do you have anything besides fastcraft installed that doesn't come with the pack?
-Did you do a virus/malware scan recently? (Reason for this one is that I got hit by a nasty rogue myself, and it tanked my MC as well)
-Could you install... I think it's Opis that lets you see what is using what resources for your pc in terms of minecraft, might show where the leak is?

Dain

Jul 29, 2019
Why would you delete them all? XD
Also, they can't resolve it if they don't know what's wrong in the first place. So far all we have is the F3 menu and your pc/java specs, so let's get some more info. To wit;
-Do you have anything besides fastcraft installed that doesn't come with the pack?
-Did you do a virus/malware scan recently? (Reason for this one is that I got hit by a nasty rogue myself, and it tanked my MC as well)
-Could you install... I think it's Opis that lets you see what is using what resources for your pc in terms of minecraft, might show where the leak is?
I have nothing else installed its the stand alone pack. I have recently clean installed everything on my computer and have no viruses or issues at the moment with it. When I install the Opis mod I my pack wont even launch.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Ooh, interesting. Opis shouldn't be killing it completely far as I know, unless something has changed drastically in the last month or so. Could we get a console log of the non-loading with that?
Let's see, other things to try.... Killing all entities, clearing all potion effects in case you got that weird one that normally crashes people, disable all chunk loaders temporarily, backup and then remove all Mystcraft worlds if you've made any....
Hmmm. It's at very least a time problem, rather than a "you start up, and instant issue" problem. Which likely either means a memory leak, something is wrong with spawning, something is corrupted, etc. The porting to the nether and crafting table lags should be normal-ish, just aggravated because you already have lag.

Dain

Jul 29, 2019
Ooh, interesting. Opis shouldn't be killing it completely far as I know, unless something has changed drastically in the last month or so. Could we get a console log of the non-loading with that?
Let's see, other things to try.... Killing all entities, clearing all potion effects in case you got that weird one that normally crashes people, disable all chunk loaders temporarily, backup and then remove all Mystcraft worlds if you've made any....
Hmmm. It's at very least a time problem, rather than a "you start up, and instant issue" problem. Which likely either means a memory leak, something is wrong with spawning, something is corrupted, etc. The porting to the nether and crafting table lags should be normal-ish, just aggravated because you already have lag.
No chunk loaders or mystcraft worlds yet and what are the commands to killing entities and potion effects? I get this error http://puu.sh/himNy/e77dbb00d9.jpg

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Huh, alright then. Have you done the usual backup, then reinstall the pack/launcher?

Also, no idea what the commands are for mob and effect killing I'm afraid, you may have to google those. XD

Dain

Jul 29, 2019
Huh, alright then. Have you done the usual backup, then reinstall the pack/launcher?

Also, no idea what the commands are for mob and effect killing I'm afraid, you may have to google those. XD
Yup done all of that. Spent like 4 hours playing the infinity pack and no problems I might just play the infinity pack instead.