1.1.1: Um.... My wither skeletons count as blizz now and blizz no longer spawn...

ardentdg

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
I have been running a server for a long time now, and I have recently noticed that wither skeletons started spawning in the overworld and behave/drop items as if they are a blizz... they have the wither skeleton name and model tho. I had an old wither skellie in a safari net but the net was bugged, no use in an auto spawner and it wouldn't drop its contents. when I tried netting one of the weird blizz/skellies the net said it had a blizz in it. I have change nothing in the mod pack, changed no settings or config files and have no idea how long it has been like this, I am not in cold biomes often. I cant even get wither skellie eggs to spawn anything but the hybrid and blizz eggs don't even work. wither skellie spawners don't spawn anything blizz spawners spawn the weird hybrid... I can no longer get wither skeleton drops! HELP! I have some modding experience and could unpack the .jar files but if there is a better fix I'd rather not dig around in the code. I don't have an updated eclipse and don't want to figure out 1.7.1... most of my experience is in 1.6.4 and I know a lot of code is different.

*edit... and now as I look at the frequency of replies in this forum I wonder if I will ever get a response... I'll have to come up with a trade for nei spawns just in case I never get a response... I guess...

Mod & Version:
direwolf20 1.1.1 , MC 1.7.1.0,

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
YES

Known Fix:

Last edited:

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, that's a weird one. Have you done the usual and prerequisite backup/redownload of the modpack and such?

ardentdg

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, though I hadn't redownloaded the server files, I just did that and it is still doing it. I have temporarily instituted a trade for NEI to spawn in wither drops, but it is still really annoying.

Trisscar

Jul 29, 2019
The heck.... I'll be honest, I'm not even sure how this is a thing. Normally if one mob gets corrupted somehow it just doesn't spawn, it doesn't steal anothers model.....
Is this affecting single player and other server worlds as well? Also you should poke the people on the Thermal Foundation github as well, in case this is because of something to do with the blizz mob in particular.

ardentdg

Jul 29, 2019
i'll double check single and generate a new server world, thanks for the tip for going to TF gihub, hadn't thought of that. I'll report back lol